MIDI PC messages in performance mode question.

• Hello Folks - First I must mention that I have read the Official Kemper manual already but still I am not 100% clear on my question below. Since I do not own a Kemper YET, I'd like to ask you guys.

I am looking whether I can use the Kemper to efficiently control settings on my Guitar with Antares ATG system. Basically, the ATG system can store up to 64 presets that can be recalled via MIDI PC.

I know the Kemper can transmit MIDI PC in Performance mode. The question I have is whether I can assign the same PC value (to be transmitted) to multiple Slots?. This is to activate the same preset in the ATG system while using different Slots in the Kemper.

By reading the extract below it is not very clear if the value must be unique or can be repeated in multiple Slots. NOTE: Remember I am looking to transmit, not receive, which I understand must be unique.

Quote from Kemper Reference Manual

Transmitting MIDI Commands in Performance Mode
    MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot is loaded in Performance Mode. Select “MIDI Settings” on page “Slot Settings” and select the MIDI program change numbers associated with Slots of current Performance. In System Settings, navigate to page “Perform Mode: MIDI”, and use soft knobs 1 and 2 to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices. Use soft buttons 1 and 2 to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU.

Another question. Can you transmit MIDI PC in Browse mode? I know you can receive them no problem and must be unique so the KPA knows what Rig to activate.

Thank you.
    Christian

• you can send the same program change number for every slot but you can also send no program change at all for slots that should use the same preset in your ATG system that was already selected by the first slot.

• you can send the same program change number for every slot but you can also send no program change at all for slots that should use the same preset in your ATG system that was already selected by the first slot.

Thank you for the info. That brings me closer to build my ideal set-up.

Another related question @hjscheffler. I see there is a Pedal to MIDI function. Any chance we will see the analogous Stomp/FX to MIDI functionality? Even better with MIDI translation? See > MIDI Feature Suggestion

The ATG System also accepts several MIDI CC messages that can activate/disable settings within a preset. The feature request mentioned above would help a lot on mine and several other scenarios.