• https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1000/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

An interesting backup maybe for some.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• No digital out besides the USB port. I don't get it.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• The floorboard format suggests it is intended especially for live playing rather than recording (be it in a rehearsal space or on stage). As such, I guess digital outputs have not been a high priority.

This actually is what I don't get. Other Floorboards (PODs, ToneLab LE...) provide s/pdif out though being intended for live use.
    And: With this argument the GT1000 shouldn't have an USB Interface option at all. :)

• My new Back up - Small enough to be carrying in the gig-bag - Less than 300 €

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My new Back up - Small enough to be carrying in the gig-bag - Less than 300 €

I've been thinking about this. GT series is a bit oversized as a backup for me. How do you like the reverbs on the Mooer? Thx & cheers

• I've been thinking about this. GT series is a bit oversized as a backup for me. How do you like the reverbs on the Mooer? Thx & cheers

Well, you can't compare it really with the Kemper. But the standard applications are quite suitable.
    For me it's a very useful backup, which I take with me for a fast jam and also as a quick rehearsal setup when I'm too lazy to carry the Kemper.
    And it can save a GIG without the majority of the audience noticing a dramatic drop in quality. :!:
    I recommend to browse a bit more on You Tube.

• ...Unless it's for preset management etc etc

Which you do at a computer, right? From the specs: "USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing".

However, been watching some vids now and it does not get much love in the comments. Does not flash me either. Hmm...

• Depends on what you mean by backup i.e. during a gig/at the venue or a few days before..

I carry a sans amp which is the size of a stomp as backup which is way smaller. I can cope without effects to see me to the end of a gig.

If not I still have a valve amp and effects pedal at home..$1000 for a boss multieffects (never been a fan to be honest)? Wow, there are so many options at that price, even a second hand helix!

• Depends on what you mean by backup i.e. during a gig/at the venue or a few days before..

In the end, to be a backup was the core of my considerations.
    A backup should be small, light and uncomplicated for me and should enable me to resume a GIG within a very short time without it sounding like an emergency solution.
    Well and the price can also be small. ;)

It is not intended to replace a Kemper.

• In the end, to be a backup was the core of my considerations.A backup should be small, light and uncomplicated for me and should enable me to resume a GIG within a very short time without it sounding like an emergency solution.
    Well and the price can also be small. ;)

It is not intended to replace a Kemper.

I take your point Sharry, my point was that if it is anything too complicated, you have maintain it .eg. new song with some specific delays on it, you need to set up your backup as well.

For me, its so rare ( in fact never happened even with Valve Amps), that I would just be in survival mode. I don;t want to wait for it to load, select banks, find a plug/adapter when the crowd is getting impatient and the singer has run out of jokes to tell..:)..

I went for the sans amp because it answered all of these, good basic sound, quick to switch, cheap, small and enough to finish a gig.

• I take your point Sharry, my point was that if it is anything too complicated, you have maintain it .eg. new song with some specific delays on it, you need to set up your backup as well.

Yes, that would be necessary.
    However, I usually play a guitar with few effects. That's why it doesn't matter so much for me.

On the GE200 I have 6 bred and butter presets tweaked as good as possible .
    Clean thin, clean fat, less cunch, more crunch, lead mid gain, lead higher gain.
    The rest of the 200 I use only for fun at the moment.

The GE200 allows also to choose a second mix of effects values and even stomps on/off with one pushbutton. (2 status)
    So the most presets have a rythm and a solo setting. (a similar application as with morph)

With this setting I could play all my gigs in the 3 bands I play.

I keep it simple as possible. I have a similar philosophy with the Kemper but with more Profiles

Edited once, last by Sharry: Orthographie :-) ().