folders in the Kemper Profiler

• Haha and you're doing a very good job at it too!

Yes, something like that would work, particularly when working on a smallish number of profiles and presets. It's as they increase that solution doesn't scale as well, for example the new delay presets cause a lot of needless scrolling because there are so many.

• If the Rigs of each Rig pack start with a unique abbreviation like ours do (TAF -, MB - ...) and the Rigs of your five amps carry their five names (Mars, Fan,...) you could sort all your Rigs by name and use the Up and Down Buttons of the Rig Navigation Cross to move from starting character to starting character as if these would be folders. It's practically the same. In addition you can narrow into your profiled Rigs by selecting My Rigs.

I think this is a valiant attempt to make the best of the provided mechanism ;) but unfortunately name-based sorting just doesn't cut it with even a few dozen profiles. I don't want to have to rename all rigs I intend to play. Especially as i'd have to note the original profile name somewhere so I know what it was originally.

I definitely see the ability to add custom tags to classify rigs and the addition of a simple tag browser on the KPA as the goal to aim for. For me it'd be awesome if I'm holding one guitar to hit the View button and scroll down past All Rigs to '8 string' and then quickly navigate the profiles i think work best with that guitar. Or perhaps I fancy playing a Dual Rec for a bit but not sure which one suits my current groove. Or I could be in a certain writing mood and select 'crunchy' or 'weird FX' or any number of things to quickly present myself with a small selection of profiles to help get the idea out without spending ages scrolling through a list of mostly irrelevant (for that moment) profiles.

Have a look at VST synths to see what I mean. They're way ahead on this kind of thing. If you've got something like NI Massive with hundreds of patches it's just not feasible to scroll through them in turn. For instance Massive has various levels of refinement so you just click on a bunch of tags to get a small list of patches to preview. It's such a handy mechanism and it means you spend less time doing tedious processes and more time being creative. :)

• I strongly support the request for custom/personal tags on RIGs.

Tag := string(30)

Functions involving Tags

• define
    • apply
    • filter by

Much better than any hierarchy of folders.

francisco jent - 2 powered toasters & 1 remote

• I think this is a valiant attempt to make the best of the provided mechanism ;) but unfortunately name-based sorting just doesn't cut it with even a few dozen profiles. I don't want to have to rename all rigs I intend to play. Especially as i'd have to note the original profile name somewhere so I know what it was originally.
    I definitely see the ability to add custom tags to classify rigs and the addition of a simple tag browser on the KPA as the goal to aim for. For me it'd be awesome if I'm holding one guitar to hit the View button and scroll down past All Rigs to '8 string' and then quickly navigate the profiles i think work best with that guitar. Or perhaps I fancy playing a Dual Rec for a bit but not sure which one suits my current groove. Or I could be in a certain writing mood and select 'crunchy' or 'weird FX' or any number of things to quickly present myself with a small selection of profiles to help get the idea out without spending ages scrolling through a list of mostly irrelevant (for that moment) profiles.

Have a look at VST synths to see what I mean. They're way ahead on this kind of thing. If you've got something like NI Massive with hundreds of patches it's just not feasible to scroll through them in turn. For instance Massive has various levels of refinement so you just click on a bunch of tags to get a small list of patches to preview. It's such a handy mechanism and it means you spend less time doing tedious processes and more time being creative. :)

I fully support the need for personalised tags. This should also link up seemlessley with a new improved version of Rig Manager where everything can be tagged and organised/filtered effectively - rigs, amps, cabs, effects performances etc etc.