50 watt Plexi DI profile

• Hi,

I uploaded a DI profile of my Marshall 50 watt Plexi issue. The amp was set to be on the edge of breakup so it cleans up nicely when you pick softly or roll your volume control back a bit. It gets crunchy when you pick harder but it's definitely not a high gain amp. Try it with a vintage Marshall cab if you're looking for a late 60's to mid 70's vibe.

Brian

• Hi,

I uploaded a DI profile of my Marshall 50 watt Plexi issue. The amp was set to be on the edge of breakup so it cleans up nicely when you pick softly or roll your volume control back a bit. It gets crunchy when you pick harder but it's definitely not a high gain amp. Try it with a vintage Marshall cab if you're looking for a late 60's to mid 70's vibe.

Brian

Neat, so this should go well with external power amp and cab? (I have a 1x12 with a Scumback H55 that mates well with Marshall-esque amps). Have you tested using any of Tills' 1960 cabinets in the KPA?

• Yes, I tried it will several of Till's cabs as well as one of Fischer's cabs. The bass is pretty big and potentially woofy (the real amp is that way) so you can either pair it will a cab that isn't boomy or roll back the gain a little. That'll tighten up the bass. It should work pretty well with a H55. I normally use the Marshall with a 2x12 with a G12H30 and a Greenback in it. I haven't yet had a chance to try my KPA through a power amp/cab setup but I will tomorrow. I'm hopeful that this profile will work well with that.

Brian

Neat, so this should go well with external power amp and cab? (I have a 1x12 with a Scumback H55 that mates well with Marshall-esque amps). Have you tested using any of Tills' 1960 cabinets in the KPA?