biggest disappointment from kemper at namm is...

• No floor unit.
    and really no new products in the last how many years...?

between the Helix and the AX8, it would be really great if Kemper could develop something to keep up with the current demand for a high quality amp sim in a portable floorboard unit.

So, instead of complaining, change to Axe or Line6.
    I need a good sounding device on stage.
    And that‘s what I got with my Kemper.
    Better playing guitar than complaining on the internet!
    ;)

• I couldn't be happier myself , an editor , which possible will be surfacing one-day ( cause the IT job request at the moment for kemper) would let me experiment more to search for other nuances in my sound ... but that's about it !
    Let's face it , if kemper would have come up with new devices we 'd be pissed because we don't own the latest version :)

After all these years , keep improving a product that didn't need improvement at all is great !

Kemper cured my gas , which didn't keep me for lurking for other things that come out. Once you know you've got the best unit on the market we can settle ... Besides some changes in front panels , UI , ... it cannot get any better then this. All amps have been profiled , every genre is covered which is marvelous !

I can't thank Mr kemper and this forum enough for this , seriously !

The only thing that I miss is a perfect FRFR kemper made CAB/monitor with the quality that we all know !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Wow since NAMM some pretty raw communications, more than I've witnessed around here before. It's not "funny" or "cool" to criticize fellow forum members, name-calling, or anything like that. Let's please consider attempting to err on the side of niceness, even to the point where it feels "square".

nicely said @creative360,
    while every opinion is welcome here, personal attacks and condescending behaviour is not.
    everyone, please remember your manners.
    be polite, please.

thanks

• Move on, play your guitar, drink a beer, hug your wife and children and be happy.

this is what I'm telling to anyone who seems to not be able to breath without kpa update: don't waste precious time, instead play your guitar!

I'm a pro player and composer and once I found the killer tone I have in my kpa (the one used in all my records and live action), all I care is play my guitar and create new music. And, you all know, how immense is the music world still to be discovered! So, at the end of the day spent on my instruments, there is really no time to figure out what does the kemper lack.

Now...I understand not all the kemper users are pro players. But I assure to them that devoting a little bit more to music making, really does fill your soul immensly more than speculating on future developements or to an editor.

just my little advice

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• The biggest disappointment at NAMM 2018 is my progress or should I say, very slow progress or just just slow progress guitarwise. It was quite the same at NAMM 2017 and even years back.

I would like to have and editor, to be able to easier manage cabs and fx. But I am sure it would not help me much in improving my learning routine, which I haven't any to this day. It would make easier to try some cabs (which I can do with Kemper's LCD, but slower) and get impression of "better" tone for a moment, but then still I am caged in pentatonic mode with more defined tone :D OK I can do little more than this, but you get the point.

To all unsatisfied ones - this is business. If you don't like it, try something else. Whining never does any good.

And with that said, today when I get back home I power on Kemper, load "Running' Wild" by Airbourne and I will chop that simple chords progession. It feels so good! Just I need it quite loud :D

• this is what I'm telling to anyone who seems to not be able to breath without kpa update: don't waste precious time, instead play your guitar!
    I'm a pro player and composer and once I found the killer tone I have in my kpa (the one used in all my records and live action), all I care is play my guitar and create new music. And, you all know, how immense is the music world still to be discovered! So, at the end of the day spent on my instruments, there is really no time to figure out what does the kemper lack.

Now...I understand not all the kemper users are pro players. But I assure to them that devoting a little bit more to music making, really does fill your soul immensly more than speculating on future developements or to an editor.

just my little advice

Good advise!! Best to get the next level in playing is playing.

• I'm disappointed, i already said that, but however rassured to hear that reverbs update is planned for 2018.

Nevertheless, I don't understand why the updates are so long to come?
    I can eventually understand for the reverbs,
    but for exemple, a PEq in the main output seems not so difficult to program, this feature is requiered by a lot of users and always exist as a stomp.

• the ultra long product lifespan is amazing imo but i wouldn't be sad if there were more in the Store

Rackmount for the Toaster (just for safety on bigger tours) the toaster is smaller on a desk so i want to use this but yeah ...
    a external poweramp or a poweramp for the nonpowered toaster (i will not sell my unpowered kemper and then buy a powered kemper ...)
    floor unit ? why not
    or a active and passive speaker (why do only 3rd party manufacturers cover this ? )

and software updates,
    -cab only profiling (just so that a cab only file ends up in an folder instead of having a profile were i have to pull the cab from)
    -tone dexter software (that would open up the kemper as the go to device even for acoustic players ... )
    -profiling of pedals or a converter ... (let's say you profile the peadl or preamp then you take a software that makes a pedal out of it then you can gainstage it with a profile of the cab and poweramp )
    -poweramp sim update for more compression and sag

this is what i would love to see or buy

• Breathe.... breathe....

• Personally, I would rather read about a thousand silly or unreasonable enhancement or upgrade requests than even one person saying 'its ok as it is'. Kemper created a feedback loop for a reason and even the stupidest forum suggestion might spark some sort of technological gold down the road. If tons of people fixate on something, there is probably a good reason. If one person thinks there is something that could be better, there is probably a good reason.

If you think its good as is, that's fine, but maybe you should be the ones who walk away from the keyboard and let the folks who have ideas for improvement to say their piece, even if nothing comes of it. There is no guarantee the Kemper folks will do ANYTHING, but I'd rather bank on the long shot that they hear something they like and implement, then the staus quo. YMMV

• Most feature ideas and requests that I've read about on the forum have seemed at least interesting and probably viable. But I don't predict or expect which, if any, of these specific developments will ever be implemented. I've been surprised more than once by what they do roll out. And if I'm honest, I'm surprised and relieved that the device that I own is still being developed at all. That's very cool.

And yes, the best times with the Kemper are when I'm putting-in the most hours refining my playing and writing and recording. Amazing how much better the gear is when the human element is addressed.

All that said, it's hard not to like the form factor of an Ampli Fire Box or the connectivity on the back of the Helix floor. But for some reason I'm one of those people who doesn't gas for a Helix, or even a floor-based device. And I don't fully trust that the tones are there inside or easily accessible inside the AFB. (Although I do believe that a limited functionality, tiny Kemper foot controller for $199 would be a hit.)

Probably like many, when I think about what I might want from the Kemper, it's because I want that stuff from the Kemper, not from another devce or manufacturer. It's the least "toy"-like. The branding is kind of like what you'd see on a vintage studio device—meaning almost nonexistent. (I could do without stomp names that try to reference prexisting pedal names—all the renaming trademark etc stuff is silly. Just come up with a technical name and then describe what it is modeling.) And finally, the whole approach to tone—the "respect" this device has for the individual nature of what several generations of guitarists were able to achieve using analog equipment, is simply one-of-a-kind.

I guess the point is I can relate to people eager for new developments or frustrated for whatever reason. And I can relate to people who grow tired of posts about frustrations and disappointments (best way to avoid that is not to read those threads). And yes it's easy to take the high road, the good as-is position, since as-is you can take this thing on the road or in to any studio and make music.

One thing I would love is if the forum allowed users to delete (their own) individual posts. This novel-blah-blah that I just wrote may be alright, but does that mean it has to be forever?

• One thing I would love is if the forum allowed users to delete (their own) individual posts. This novel-blah-blah that I just wrote may be alright, but does that mean it has to be forever?

Deleting the contents of a post is very easy, but I wouldn't even recommend this for your last post. ;)

• Move on, play your guitar, drink a beer, hug your wife and children and be happy.

…or if you are really that disappointed, sell your Kemper, buy the Unit you think will serve you best and … return to being happy about it :) In the end, it’s all about the player!

• white power rack?? Wtf?!!

...that was the unfortunate day ipran found out simultaneously about punctuation and pepe the frog.

Also, while I'm here I think I get where all you guys are coming from, you're also complaining about the lack of a Kemper T-Shirt release at NAMM. At least that's how I'm reading it.