biggest disappointment from kemper at namm is...

• I'd be one pissed off customer if I had bought any of those AXE FX for $3000 at the time :) and I almost did.... but then I saw this Kemper thing ! Thank God !!!
    and still with AXE 3, Kemper will still be better I assume, all it is again a faster processor but with the same engine. Imagine buying then selling at a lost and having to repay more $$$ for the newest faster unit.

I was on the Line 6 bandwagon ever since the 1st Pod rackmount , but at least they weren't too expensive to upgrade compared to FAS

Never have I regretted buying my Kemper in 2012 which I bought before it was known like it is today and it was a lot cheaper too back then ;)

Please just fix the Strobe tuners precision , its a lil bit off , some new Reverbs would be cool and an editor would be icing on the cake if it ever comes !! but i've gotten along without it fine for 6 years, cause its easy to make adjustment live on the spot with no editor.

• They also had an axe-fx II mark 2

• Seems there are (roughly speaking) 3 camps here:

- Camp 1: those hoping for new products from Kemper (e.g. floor unit)

- Camp 2: those hoping for some "exciting" software updates for their existing kemper (e.g. new reverbs in firmware, new rig manager/editor for your PC etc)

- Camp 3: those perfectly or generally content with their KPA exactly as it exists today. Pleased when new updates come out but not holding their breath waiting for it cos they feel the KPA already does pretty much everything they need TODAY to make the music they want to make (err... yes, I belong in this camp).

For those in camp 1: I don't think it's reasonable to be angry at kemper for not releasing some new product that you want. Just find some other company that has it (e.g Helix floor unit) and buy that if that's what you want

For those in camp 2: Yes, Kemper did promise lifetime updates (ie "feature additions") as part of their marketing when you bought the product, but they never said what exactly those updates would include. But OK, I get that people can hope and dream (and then get disappointed). Just remember Kemper never promised more than lifetime updates (or some kind or other). that's it.

For those in all camps: let's all just pull out our guitars, plug into our KPAs and just make some more music... Over and out! :thumbup:

• am I the only person think that kemper should be as it is I Dont need an editor dont need reverbs, the product it self is wonderful to my Ear and the unit super damn intuitive

No but not all men agree. If Kemper release FW with reverbs/OD/Editor would you respond this way? 'no thanks Mr CK. I will stay with the FW version we already has.'

• No but not all men agree. If Kemper release FW with reverbs/OD/Editor would you respond this way? 'no thanks Mr CK. I will stay with the FW version we already has.'

Maybe you’ll have to place this in the right context. Sure, he will update (I know I will) but he’s not whining about it. That’s the difference.

• You can easily use a USB keyboard to make editing the profiler easier, learn ALL the tips and tricks of the profiler FIRST , then create some performances you may be surprised at the power and thus the redundancy of the editor. Have you used all the power of the delays and still need different reverb? Well it must be a narrow window to not be able to use what we have (just saying make sure you utilize the capacity you have first) .

To have stable software is the best thing any one can come up with at this time IMHO, it looks to me like they are addressing that at this time.
    If some one asked me what i would of liked to see, i would of said more tutorials and tips/tricks videos, dont get me wrong we have plenty there to get you started, i guess some of us users can add to them :). In saying that Enjoy NAAM and the profiler.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• "You can easily use a USB keyboard to make editing the profiler easier, learn ALL the tips and tricks of the profiler FIRST..."

Ash

What is this Voodoo you speak of? I can plug in a keyboard? Did I miss this in the manual?

Send me a message kind sir and fill me in!

Thanks so much!!

• If you don't care about a floor unit why do you feel the need to shoot down everyone's request for one? I really like my Kemper but to be honest I've been using my AX8 because it's a floor unit, at my age one less thing to carry to a gig and setup makes a big difference. I'm realistic, I don't expect a $500 floor unit, I would be happy to pay $1100.00 which is the current price of the AX8, maybe more depending on what features are included. IMHO, if Fractal, Line 6 and many others can produce a floor unit then I'm pretty sure that Kemper could too if they wanted to without cutting into the further development of the rack/toaster versions.

• What is this Voodoo you speak of? I can plug in a keyboard? Did I miss this in the manual?

Yup as Bill mentioned there is even a video about it here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No voodoo needed brother :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• If you don't care about a floor unit why do you feel the need to shoot down everyone's request for one? I really like my Kemper but to be honest I've been using my AX8 because it's a floor unit, at my age one less thing to carry to a gig and setup makes a big difference. I'm realistic, I don't expect a $500 floor unit, I would be happy to pay $1100.00 which is the current price of the AX8, maybe more depending on what features are included. IMHO, if Fractal, Line 6 and many others can produce a floor unit then I'm pretty sure that Kemper could too if they wanted to without cutting into the further development of the rack/toaster versions.

Cause' you whiners keep complaining like spoiled brats over and over, and when you don't get your request filled.. keep complaining some more
    Do you complain to every Co about the products you want? and do they automatically make it ?

If you can voice your opinion about whatever, I can voice my opinion about the remote being the answer or whatever I want ! Deal with it !

Why would they release a floorboard for $1100 , they will kill their KPA sales. You want the best, use KPA with the remote, otherwise keep using your cheaper inferior AX8 or all the other options out there.

If they ever do release a floor unit only with a full KPA, it should be the same price as the KPA

• Thank you for your support :)

• Wow since NAMM some pretty raw communications, more than I've witnessed around here before. It's not "funny" or "cool" to criticize fellow forum members, name-calling, or anything like that. Let's please consider attempting to err on the side of niceness, even to the point where it feels "square".