Fractal Axe Fx 3

• Other than reminding me why I don't spend a lot of time at TGP, is there a profound point buried in these 17 pages that I have missed?

And people can say a lot about something they don't know anything about yet. But it's still entertaining.

• It's not about defen

,,,,But I understand the reason you bothered looking into this is to try and undercut my credibility,,,

I'm clearly on topic of AXE FX III and what it brings to the table. and so far the only Video released by Fractal about the AXE III has been met with dismay, not only by me. It's been viewed as being pretty bad by others who heard it.

Regarding your credibility, only you make it or break it. It's time to register the Kemper if you own one instead of linking to AXE FX II youtube Promotional videos, yet you state you own a Kemper LOL. and you're tired of the cult like mentality in the Kemper Forum.

Clearly it's worth it to you to register to this forum to defend Fractal, but not to register your Kemper LOL.
    Well maybe if you buy a Kemper today , then in the next couple of days, you'd register it and can then proof me wrong. I'm not sure, it might be worth it for a fractal fan to spend a couple of grands to proof me wrong and not just sign up to the forum. to attack me. Go for it, you would thank me later, you will love the Kemper.

In either case, I'm certain that there are many nice folks using Fractal

but the fringe group of die hard Fractal fanatics are a huge turn off with stop at nothing lie, and claim ignorance when faced with indisputable facts about the open unethical Fractal marketing is real unusual to say the least. but it's explainable once one realizes that lying starts at the top in this case, so this phenomena is only expected I guess because it's encouraged at the top.

• For Commercial Profiles on this forum that used iZotope Tone Matching of famous recordings, they did NOT sound different on different guitars like the profile of the actual amp used in those recordings when I toyed with them. Huge difference. Tone Matching gets you into the ballpark. Profiling IS the ballpark.

Firstly, EQ matching isn't profiling. There are undoubtedly distinct differences. Secondly, EQ matching can definitely nail tones. No question. I don't know which samples you've heard, but I know from first-hand experience that nailing tones isn't a huge deal if you know what you're doing, it can yield truly amazing results. Anyone can import two random samples and hit a button, but that's only half the story. Whether you create an effective match is dependent on how close the samples are before EQ matching. The closer they are, the better the match. Here's an example:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well maybe if you buy a Kemper today , then in the next couple of days, you'd register it and can then proof me wrong. I'm not sure, it might be worth it for a fractal fan to spend a couple of grands to proof me wrong and not just sign up to the forum. to attack me.

What difference would registering make? I'm registered and you think I have an agenda. In my opinion, registering is a red herring. Instead of actually addressing the points that were made, you're focused on whether he's registered or not. If a point is valid, what difference does it make whether the person who made it is registered or not?

• Firstly, EQ matching isn't profiling. There are undoubtedly distinct differences. Secondly, EQ matching can definitely nail tones. No question. I don't know which samples you've heard, but I know from first-hand experience that nailing tones isn't a huge deal if you know what you're doing, it can yield truly amazing results. Anyone can import two random samples and hit a button, but that's only half the story. Whether you create an effective match is dependent on how close the samples are before EQ matching. The closer they are, the better the match. Here's an example:

You're kind of new so you weren't around when Pete's Profiles did Tone Matching Profiles (I believe by profiling iZotope while playing some famous guitar recordings, ie Ozzy), so yes, they CAN be done in conjunction. You can profile anything, even a crappy tone matched eq curved.

• You're kind of new so you weren't around when Pete's Profiles did Tone Matching Profiles (I believe by profiling iZotope while playing some famous guitar recordings, ie Ozzy), so yes, they CAN be done in conjunction. You can profile anything, even a crappy tone matched eq curved.

You can do it, absolutely. I've done it. My point was that FAS doesn't recommend using the Cab block and Tone Match block simultaneously.

• Yeah, I've never heard that the Profiling process uses an existing IR either (which is what a CAB block essentially is)
    so that can NOT be part of the chain, otherwise you're trying to poll 2 cabs at once.

• What difference would registering make? I'm registered and you think I have an agenda. In my opinion, registering is a red herring. Instead of actually addressing the points that were made, you're focused on whether he's registered or not. If a point is valid, what difference does it make whether the person who made it is registered or not?

Precisely. My Kemper is registered to another email, but regardless I don't feel I have anything to prove, not least to the likes of Dean. Having a Kemper registered to this account or not, he'd still be left avoiding the propositions and substance of the discussion beforehand. He doesn't want to talk about that, though. He wants to make me and the straw man he's rambling about the topic.

Dean, if you honestly think I'm an Axe user and only here to defend it to an inconsequential Kemper forum member who spends his days blowing hot air on an inconsequential thread, take off the tin foil hat and get some help. My goodness, how emotionally paranoid and inflammatory you get over petty trivialities, as if life starts and stops at Kemper vs Fractal. Yes, I joined primarily to participate in this thread, not to defend the Axe-FX and say anything negative about the Kemper, but because you have long spread misinformation and passively bullied past members here, which directly affects the toxic atmosphere. Just calling a spade a spade.

• My Kemper is registered to another email, but regardless I don't feel I have anything to prove, not least to the likes of Dean....

Yes, I joined primarily to participate in this thread, not to defend the Axe-FX and say anything negative about the Kemper, but because you have long spread misinformation and passively bullied past members here, which directly affects the toxic atmosphere. Just calling a spade a spade....

Well I'm glad you registered to prove something to yourself. I hope you feel better. Stay strong,

Sorry I couldn't be of help and not realizing my appreciation for the Kemper and Lack of it for the AXE FX is so traumatizing for some, ?( I must be out of touch with some guitar players' priorities in life, family and other life priorities. I won't steep low to the level you're at by calling you names as you chose to do anonymously, your misunderstandings are not my fault.

I didn't realize that guitar gear means that much to some, but I understand, whatever floats your boat, I wish you the best whoever you are. :)

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Regardless of how the KPA sounds, it is time for a hardware update. No where else would someone defend an aging piece of technology. None of you would buy a computer that was more than five years old and pay full price. When you buy a new computer you want the fastest cpu and memory you can afford. The KPA needs more memory for profile storage and more I/O ports for routing flexibility. The Axe-fx III is an attempt to address advancing technology, similar to the Helix. As great as the KPA sounds, the hardware R&D is old. I trust that notwithstanding Kemper’s failure to even announce something new at NAMM that Kemper is spending funds on R&D for a modern KPA, instead of trying to find parts and memory for an aging device. At some point recognition has to be given to modern tech. And for those that believe that the KPA cannot be improved, ask anybody whether their Windows Vista computer is state of the art.

Fact is: The EOL cycles introduced by other companies to their products in order to establish a new flagship line have nothing to do with the way Kemper run their business.
    The Kemper concept, as opposed to others, stands for value and longevity.
    The Profiler that has been on the market since end of 2011 is, now 7 years later, every bit as NOW and modern as if it was introduced today.
    Everybody knows that eventually, perhaps in a few more years time, a Kemper II will see the light of day.
    But suggesting it is outdated only because FAS or Line 6 have established new flagship lines with 'more modern' processors is utterly ridiculous.

• Well I'm glad you registered to prove something to yourself. I hope you feel better. Stay strong,
    Sorry I couldn't be of help and not realizing my appreciation for the Kemper and Lack of it for the AXE FX is so traumatizing for some, ?( I must be out of touch with some guitar players' priorities in life, family and other life priorities.

I didn't realize that guitar gear means that much to some, but I understand, whatever floats your boat, I wish you the best whoever you are. :)

Prove it to myself? I registered the day I got the KPA 2 years ago. There was nothing to "prove" because my self-worth isn't beholden to which digital machine I register. But it did help me go through most of the rig exchange in order to find my favorite profiles. George_Alayon has superb profiles, you should look them up.

The rest is classic projection. Nothing more than "I know you are but who am I?". Your disjointed rantings and conspiracy theories from earlier say all that need be said. It would be nice if you'd take a stab at Coldfrixons audio samples since you talk about Axe-FXs inability to replicate tube tone and feel.

• Prove it to myself? I registered the day I got the KPA 2 years ago. There was nothing to "prove" because my self-worth isn't beholden to which digital machine I register. But it did help me go through most of the rig exchange in order to find my favorite profiles. George_Alayon has superb profiles, you should look them up.
    The rest is classic projection. Nothing more than "I know you are but who am I?". Your disjointed rantings and conspiracy theories from earlier say all that need be said. It would be nice if you'd take a stab at Coldfrixons audio samples since you talk about Axe-FXs inability to replicate tube tone and feel.

See how you rush into a misunderstanding of a key point to our conversation following your initial impulses. If you thought about it you would have understood what I meant.

I was referring to the second time you registered just to participate mainly to face and expose the bully who didn't like the AXE FX but always praised the Kemper.

Slow down, breathe, and don't just react instinctively, Sometimes or many times our instincts are wrong when we tend to quickly judge others unfairly.

The fact that I had a negative experience with AXE II and a positive experience with Kemper doesn't make me a bully. If some users can't abide by forum rules and don't head public warning of moderators because they can't stop being impulsive , that's their problems. I should be intitleed to my opinion as long as I'm respecting everyone and abiding by forum rules.

Whoever you are and if you really think that I bullied anyone in any context, my sincere advice to you would be (as you remain anonymous), please speak with a professional, this really isn't worth it.

Regarding George_Alayon I have all of his over 360 and withe the most recent ones they're over 400 profiles.

The issue of this thread however is AXE FX III, so can we please return to that and can you please talk about how you like the only video that's produced using the AXE FX III

thank you.

• Fact is: The EOL cycles introduced by other companies to their products in order to establish a new flagship line have nothing to do with the way Kemper run their business.The Kemper concept, as opposed to others, stands for value and longevity.
    The Profiler that has been on the market since end of 2011 is, now 7 years later, every bit as NOW and modern as if it was introduced today.
    Everybody knows that eventually, perhaps in a few more years time, a Kemper II will see the light of day.
    But suggesting it is outdated only because FAS or Line 6 have established new flagship lines with 'more modern' processors is utterly ridiculous.

Actually it wouldn't' surprise me if we got an announcement of Kemper II tomorrow or in a month. I learned to live with letting the company decide their own time frame. They have introduced truly a revolutionary products that is still underrated and understated as of today. despite all of its successes. You couldn't dream this stuff up what Kemper came up with. Sure other products can be made to sound good, but everything Kemper is unique and makes more sense yet simpler.

To get back to topic, the AXE FX III is still no where near this level of simplicity and accuracy based on the video I watched and its new features. are nothing more than convoluted schemes that are more of a regression than progression of you ask me.

The only hope for serious advancements is what's cooking in the Kemper labs.