Fractal Axe Fx 3

• Yes, tried to pull myself away but I was pinged earlier. What's another day? You're welcome to take your own advise and ignore me just like you have Coldfrixon. His credibility with you really has zero to do with you taking his blind test, especially if the tonal disparities are as extreme as you make them out to be. Should be easy for you to guess and prove yourself, yet you refuse at every turn. Instead of actually proving your point you avoid it. Ignoring him is clearly just because he's been the most direct and honest person on this thread that has answered criticism with evidence, examples, and reasonable deductions. You're simply hiding to avoid embarrassment, and it's obvious.

I have to chuckle again at your paranoid accusations and assumptions. Mr D? Considering I know who I am and who I'm not, this only further illustrates what I was discussing earlier about you making your own straw men to attack. Your accusations and assumptions about me have changed about 4 or 5 times, so what's a few more? Obviously it's more important that you figure out "who I am" rather than what I actually write, which several in this thread have corroborated. And let's not be frantic and emotional, I can write plainly about your reasoning (or lack thereof) style without being emotive. Compare that to your rambling and over-encompassing pettiness, I think there's a marked difference that's obvious to anyone with an IQ above an acorn.

As for the difference in "feel", your magic word that is your arbitrary catch-all phrase to hide behind, that would have to come from someone who has taken time to play and learn the Axe 3. I don't even own an Axe 2 to conclusively compare, but the sound samples I've heard, including the clips I & Coldfrixon have posted show you can make just about zero tonal differentiation between the 2. At that point I don't know what "feel" you need and its plainly obvious you wouldn't accept any example of it that were given to you. You've already passed over Axe videos and told everyone just to look up the bad ones. You've passed over Metallica clips from their last tour and focused on 1 TV performance. You've passed over a blind test to prove that your ears can detect a difference between the 2. So far every attempt at getting you to confront anything other than your predetermined conclusions has been ignored or met with focus on insignificant minutiae that deviates from the overall point. It's just tiny satellite battles as your position consistently recedes. The moment the dust settles you go back to your talking points.

So yeah, Axe 3 looks like a pretty cool tool.

• Done! Didn't even read the rest of your rant. Feel better, and easy on the Drama, it seems that many are offended by drama in the context of discussing gear. :)

Cool, now you can comfortably retreat back to your echo chamber so that your illusions aren't challenged. You can also pretend you're above the drama despite being a full participant and often instigator of it. You want to take your swipes and then pretend you're above doing what you just did in the previous sentence. At least those proclivities are unmistakably on full display.

• He has no credibility in my eyes and I can't trust his signal chain and whether he used a similar approach as Cooper Carter who manipulated pole results on TGP in favor of AXE FX II. Maybe he should post a video and make clear what he did for the sake of others

I outlined the process I used in detail at TGP and anyone can verify that my method works for themselves simply by using the Axe FX's built-in IR utility to capture the cab section of any Kemper profile they want and use that in the Cab block of the Axe FX. It should only take a few minutes to dial in a match.

• I'm sorry you think there is a difference.

I don't just think there's a difference. I know there's one, at least with some profiles. Have you even bothered to look into it? If not, then how would you know? Here's a good example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you can't hear the differences in that video, I can only conclude you need more accurate monitoring.

In my opinion, the differences aren't significant in a lot of cases, but there are generally differences in the high and low end. The profiling process tends to add a small amount of compression to most profiles, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your tastes. However, in certain cases a profile will exhibit some top end raspiness and minor artifacts. The clip above is a pretty good example.

I'd say try and track down, either in gear, learning curve, or ears where the problem is.

Quite a few users who've discussed the discrepancies in various threads have spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot it, and a few members have submitted samples and clips to the support team. We've pretty much all come to the conclusion that in a number of cases the issue lies with the profiling process. This thread is an example.

But it's a bit of hubris to tell the Kemper forum that they, profileing producers, engineers, artists, & other users that they are all wrong and you are right.

You're obviously late to the party because this has been discussed at length in numerous threads. I'll cut you some slack because you apparently haven't bothered to listen to samples or review clips from members involved in those discussions. Instead of acting like you know what you're talking about despite never having reviewed a shred of evidence, why not do a little research and actually listen to samples. Get informed. I've contributed numerous clips demonstrating to anyone who's willing to listen to them that EQ matching (not Tone Matching a la the Axe FX) resolves the discrepancies approx. 90% of the time. Obviously it can't resolve the top end rasp or artifacts.

• I think you're on the wrong forum if you want to be a shill.

You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. If you did, you'd know that I've been very vocal in defending the KPA on the FAS forum on several occasions. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go read my comments with respect to the KPA in numerous discussions on The Gear Page and ask anyone on that forum if they think I'm a shill.

Example 1
    Example 2
    Example 3
    Example 4

• I outlined the process I used in detail at TGP and anyone can verify that my method works for themselves simply by using the Axe FX's built-in IR utility to capture the cab section of any Kemper profile they want and use that in the Cab block of the Axe FX. It should only take a few minutes to dial in a match.

He just wants to bypass your contributions because he has no answer. It's nothing more than lazy logic. He has no more foundation to dispute your honesty than he does for unquestionably believing the story about Cooper Carter. Given, the story could very well be true, but I'm not inclined to believe it on the sole grounds that it was uttered on the Kemper forum.

• You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. If you did, you'd know that I've been very vocal in defending the KPA on the FAS forum on several occasions. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go read my comments with respect to the KPA in numerous discussions on The Gear Page and ask anyone on that forum if they think I'm a shill.

You're right, I apologize for intimating you are a shill. You appear to be more a Savior.

I was away doing MTB for 6 months and when I returned to the forums I missed a few things.

If I have it straight from your post, this is what I missed:

1) The Kemper doesn't profile correctly (as advertised)
    2) You found this out
    3) You fixed this (90% of the time)
    4) You fixed this with Tone Matching
    5) Kemper company are tone-deaf in hearing of your resolution.

You, ColdFriction, fixed the Kemper!

#ColdFrictionFixedTheBrokenKemper

BwuahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• If that's true, it's unfortunate. I remember when Will Gelvin got caught making multiple accounts to help with the Gelvin guitar brand in luthier polls. As unfortunate as that is, it doesn't mean his guitars suck, nor would it mean that Axe-FX sucks. Couldn't find the thread, do you have a link?

Sure, link (scroll down)
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…orms-heres.1681714/page-5
    It was Line6 staff who saw it, and Cooper just laughs it off.

Some might want to save the thread for future reference, a large amount of threads have been erased from history on tgp and the fractal forum. They have close connections since TGP is the biggest marketing platform for fractal and one of the TGP owners is affiliated with fractal.
    In a recent TGP thread a link to the fas forum showed a harmless feature request thread where fractal users also simply wished for some kemper pitch effects (pure tuning & formant shift). Fractal staff who read tgp quickly erased the thread on fas forum so others shouldn't see that. That's how fractal rolls unfortunately.
    For us who have been following TGP and Fas for many years that's nothing compared to the unethical FUD tactics that Cliff use on TGP and fas forums to sway user opinion.
    On TGP users can read how Cliff's Kemper unit is not working properly. Calling users agenda trolls. Making up his own facts posting about "kempers dirty little secret" causing users on many forums to ask questions including on this forum, forcing Mr Kemper to reply to the false FUD claims. It's sad to see such unprofessional behavior from a company CEO. We all just wish he would focus on making good gear and leave PR to others.
    More examples:
    Kemper KPA vs. Axe-FX II (Yes, another one...please read!)
    And a funny satire article of what is going on.
    http://www.ultimatemetal.com/f…nsorship-software.932876/

• Say, do you remember that thread involving a picture that was supposedly discredited as being real and over analyzed and it turned out to be a rather funny crow eating venture. I wonder if that's still up or erased. I think the guy involved really slowed down on posting after that (it was rather embarrassing) The photo kind of became a meme after that.

• Sure, link
    thegearpage.net/board/index.ph…orms-heres.1681714/page-5
    It was Line6 staff who saw it, and Cooper just laughs it off.

Thanks, I took a read. Hard to see what happened exactly without screen caps and the FB posts are gone. If what I'm deducing is correct, there was a poll on which people voted for their favorite modeller. At the time Kemper was ahead by a considerable margin and then Cooper used his FB to enlist support by getting his followers to participate in the poll? Again, I'm guessing here, but that's what it reads like.

If that is the case, I guess I personally don't see that as such a big deal. Quite often in my day to day as a musician with musician friends do I get requests to vote for the song or band or whatever on some site either just in a general poll or to "win" something if you amass the most votes. It's not that uncommon of an occurrence. Perhaps that is frowned upon on TGP, which it could be as I'm not a part of the forum. But I can see how enlisting support for a "fun poll", if indeed it was, would rub some the wrong way. Despite that, his response seems to suggest he didn't realize that was so frowned upon, and I don't think it quite matches the tone you initially described it as. My thoughts were it was something far more serious and damaging. Seems like a dumb mistake on an insignificant poll.

I've actually met Cooper at NAMM and spent a little time talking with him. Actually a very humble guy and as a Kemper user I was curious on his thoughts. He said there were some issues he had with it but overall thought it was a really great unit and sounded very convincing. He could have rolled his eyes or slammed the Kemper if he really wanted to but he genuinely didn't seem bothered when I told him I used Kemper.

Oh, look at this "shill"...
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…es.1681714/#post-21560640

• Did you or did you not listen to the samples in the thread I posted?

• Actually none of that is the case, though you could stand to read the thread he linked to and several others. Users in other areas have also posted wav forms to point to differences which includes "spikes" (rasp) and others. Coldfrixon has said some of profiling differences can be resolved with EQ matching, or at least limited enough to be undetectable in a mix, but others cannot. Whether all the producers, artists, or people who use Kemper acknowledge this or not, the wav forms don't change. To Coldfrixons point, this isn't something he's pulled out of his butt and the number of users who have correctly picked out Kemper in relation to the profiled amp demonstrates that difference.

• Say, do you remember that thread involving a picture that was supposedly discredited as being real and over analyzed and it turned out to be a rather funny crow eating venture. I wonder if that's still up or erased. I think the guy involved really slowed down on posting after that (it was rather embarrassing) The photo kind of became a meme after that.

Do you mean this classic TGP thread, about having to prove owning Axe fx gear by showing a photo?
    It gets going on page 3, but all 20 pages are good fun history. Save it for future reference just in case.
    Another Kemper/Axe FX debate...
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…1293/page-3#post-17596687
    And page 12. Go db9091
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…fx-debate.1411293/page-12
    And page 17 What a thread!
    https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…fx-debate.1411293/page-17
    Yes after that things have gotten a bit better on TGP.

• gimmicks of Fractal but figured, hey you never know. It could be because so

Thank you so much for posting this, I haven't been keeping up with the stuff since many years ago around 2012 when I discovered beyond a doubt how corrupt and unethical Fractal and friends were. That was all i needed to know back then to become certain that they're past rehabilitation and stopped reading.

I know some don't want to read or hear about this stuff, but knowledge is power. If I didn't read and educate myself on digital modeling, I would have believed Fractal when they lied and said that EQ Matching is the same as profiling. Damn they're on a much worse than a real crooked used car salesman.

• I find it weird this preoccupation with small thread tiffs. The Cooper Carter thing kinda hit me like a big fat nothingburger when I read it. I feel that the actual event has been far more exaggerated in both effect and importance here than the occurrence itself.

But I guess it makes sense some might archive or save these trivial threads considering Happy Kemper apparently takes time out of his day to search out and compile the names of every person who uses a Kemper and adds it to his private page. Adult men doing these things kinda gives me the creeps like a total obsession built on gear elitism.

Regardless, everyone is now diverting in all different directions and ignoring any constructive chatter, even refusing to listen to the tiniest audio samples.