Strymon Deco/routing drums question

• I have a Deco. I use Logic to program my drums with the Drummer program. I use my Kemper and a Scarlett 18i8. I want to run the drummer program through the Deco to give us a tape saturation effect.

I have a decent understanding of how to use buses and sends etc, but would like some advice on how to do this.

Thanks!

• Well...
    1. Send the drums to a bus.
    2. Assign this bistro an output.
    3. Feed this output into the Deco.
    4. Feed the Deco back into Logic.

Personally I wouldn’t bother doing this. There are so many ways to add saturation within Logic's own plugin arsenal. Logic 10.4. has some newly released multi FX plugins that specialize in this BTW.
    When you look for Logic 10.4. on YouTube there are some useful tutorials already, although 10.4. was released only 6 days ago.

• I have a Deco. I use Logic to program my drums with the Drummer program. I use my Kemper and a Scarlett 18i8. I want to run the drummer program through the Deco to give us a tape saturation effect.

I have a decent understanding of how to use buses and sends etc, but would like some advice on how to do this.

Thanks!

Just route the audio output from your Logic channel to an output hooked up to your Deco. Then route the audio from the Deco into a pair of inputs on your interface. Record this pair of inputs.

Some things to remember: you want to change the internal switch in the Deco to studio mode before doing this.

Also, in studio mode, you can use a TRS cable to input the signal to the Deco from two channels, so a Y-cable or an adaptor from your interface would be a good idea.

• Thanks! I remember seeing a trick where you could use the tape delay with the delay off and it would saturate that channel, kinda like it would in reality, but it was never advertised as a function.

Is there a dedicated fx for that now?

I’m sure that there are other ways to do it, but I’m always interested in learning how to route these things. I don’t use live drums and my understanding of this stuff is limited so I’m just trying to use stuff in a more traditional way so I can learn a bit. :)

Just route the audio output from your Logic channel to an output hooked up to your Deco. Then route the audio from the Deco into a pair of inputs on your interface. Record this pair of inputs.

Some things to remember: you want to change the internal switch in the Deco to studio mode before doing this.

Also, in studio mode, you can use a TRS cable to input the signal to the Deco from two channels, so a Y-cable or an adaptor from your interface would be a good idea.

Thanks a lot. When I get some free time (when????) I’ll try it and let you guys know if I have any trouble.