Stomp enabled at boot-up

• Hi,

I've had my Kemper a while but I've only just tried using the "Switch/Pedal" function. As all other pedal switches I have are latching I've used what I had at hand, a keyboard sustain pedal and it works fine toggling stomp C. However, when I boot the Kemper, with the pedal attached the stomp is automatically enabled. Is there any way that it could boot up with that stomp disabled? The rig is saved with the stomp disabled, and if I switch between rigs it's stays disabled but if I reboot it's enabled! Even to the point that the "E" is displayed to say the rig has been edited, at boot-up!!

Please help!
    Thanks.

• the Profiler loads the last active Rig in the status it was before shutdown.
    (this way you don't lose any unsaved edits, or at least are able to retrieve them)
    so even though the Rig is saved with the stomp off - is the stomp also off when shutting down?
    does changing to another Rig and returning to this one change things?

• Thanks for replying Don.

Yes the stomp is off before shutting down. To be honest the stomp is an auto wah I use for about 8 bars of 1 song. It's hardly ever on, this is why it's so bothersome that it's enabled when I turn the Kemper on!

If I change to a different rig and then go back to the rig I'm talking about, the stomp is disabled, as it should be. I can do this, turn off the Kemper, turn it back on again and the stomp is enabled. It's quite frustrating!

• Actually, if you (or anyone) has the time, it would be great if you could check the same with your setup?

You only need a spare jack lead, I just tried it! Just leave one end disconnected and plug the other in to Pedal/Switch 1. In System, set Pedal 1 to switch Stomp C (or any stomp that's NOT currently enabled in your rig, but has an effect assigned to it) on / off. Save, and turn off your Kemper. Turn it back on, with the open ended lead still in Pedal/Switch 1 and see if the Stomp you assigned is now enabled.

Thanks!!

• I have had this happen with my performances. I read here that someone tried reversing the polarity on the pedal switch in settings and that resolved their issue. However, that didn't work for me. What did work for me was to boot my Kemper up in Browse mode and then as soon as it is fully booted, switch to Performance mode. Everything loads perfectly then.