Kemper sound problem

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello everyone. I have a really big problem. I'm getting a bad sound out of the kemper when I'm doing palm muting.

It started to happen in the last 2 days. Some times it goes away, but it returns after some time. Hear the sound sample and you'll see what I'm talking about.

• My first Kemper sounded similar, turned out to be a bad DSP board. My volume would drop out though, wasn't consistent like your sample. As with all digital gear, double check your inputs and outputs...backup - restore factory defaults...still sounds bad, time to contact the manufacturer

• It does that an all presets. But the thing is for some reason it disappears and then comes back. I've bought the Kemper about 8-9 months ago and never had any problems at all.

That appeared 2-3 days ago and I never changed anything at all before it happened. As a DAW I use Stainberg UR28M. But never changed INs - OUTs etc. It just appeared like that while I was shredding on the guitar.

• Hi guys, I've changed the guitar an used the headphone output to have a listen and still the same problem. Actually when I switched on the Kemper everything was ok for about 2 minutes later when that problem appeared again.

Any ideas what the Fuck is happening?

• Problem sorted for now. I've followed the advises from KPA TEAM. Try the following if you experience something like that:

KPA Team: thank you for your mail.

Does this error occurs with different Rigs?
    Can the error be heard on all outputs (Main Out, Monitor Out, Direct Out, Headphone Out)
    Is external gear connected?
    Is an USB device connected when the error occurs?
    Is the noise gate set too much?

Please try the Init Globals Function on the first page of the system menu

Unexpected behavior
    In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior, the soft button “Init Globals” in the System Settings will reset most global parameters in the System Settings and Output Section as well as all Lockings to their default state. This way, you are always able to recover a defined state of settings. Your stored Rigs, Presets, Performances, and Slots won’t be impacted by this reset. You could also restore your latest backup, which will recover your complete global settings as well as entire content. We strongly recommended that you create backups whenever you have performed any major parameter adjustments, or created new content, and that you keep your USB stick handy. Given the size of customary USB sticks you could easily keep hundreds of Profiler backup archives available. Another best practice is to store the operating system file “kaos.bin” in the root directory of your USB stick. This way, not only can you effectively upgrade your Profiler, but also keep some additional recovery options.
    let me know if anything has helped to fix the problem

• My guitar teacher’s Kemper Profiler was not sounding right. He claimed it was amazing before and he owns some really expensive gear so I trusted his judgement. I had owned pods and modelers in the past and never cared much for them so really wasn’t expecting much.

He said it just happened all of the sudden. Started sounding harsh and thin on all rigs including clean stuff but especially dirty stuff.

I took it home put it in my PA and then read all the forums, tried pure cabinet settings, output and inputs and went through everything I could find etc. but I just couldn’t get it to sound Great.

Even factory reset it and loaded original presets with latest software and still was missing something.

I profiled my EVH 5150III LBX II and it sounded pretty darn good but was still lacking something.

Solution was to perform a Rig Reset which we found in some attachment online.

You better make a full backup before performing a reset, just in case.

Turn on KPA while holding the RIG button.

This will reset some internal parameters and won't delete any rigs.

If this doesn’t work, you could also try a system reset,

which is the same as before but hold the SYSTEM button instead of the RIG button.

This thing crushes now and of course my opinion has changed and now I want one for myself.

Thanks to All The Kemper Crowd out there for helping solve this one.