Fuzz users

• Are there any fuzz fans here ?
    The fuzzes are o.k. But getting a gated farty sound can be difficult.
    Using a recti shaper plus a fuzz can get close, but
    have you guys found a better selection of fuzzes...
    A bias controll would be a new feature on the fuzz, that I’d like to see.

• +1 Fuzzes are the only pedals I use with the KPA, I'm quite keen on most of the effects in the KPA, but I've yet to hear a digital fuzz that sounds anywhere near as good as an analogue one. I would love a Tonebender with a bias control in the Kemper.

• I got closer to a fuzz that i needed by adding a bit shaper and default muffin distortion...

i've profiled my tube amp that when is cranked have an amazing fuzz sound, despite of kemper not being able to profile stages of distortion that happen simultaneous at the pre and power amp, my profile did not end up bad, in fact after half hour of playing you cannot distinguish between then

• +1 for more fuzz options, especially modeling the cleanup via volume knob and touch. I get good results using the fuzz stomp with a slightly overdriven amp profile, just as I would use a fuzz box with an overdriven amp or into a mild OD stomp-box.

• Yeah, I love using a real fuzz in front of my profiles , on any good clean or crunchy amp. I have a fantastic one (Nitrogen 21 color fuzz ) permanently wired to the the loop or in front , as it's much easier to dial tones on the fly while I record. I use it constantly : boost , level , gain , dist , fuzz , EQ shelving, I even use it for bass.

It's used on most of my tracks, like this one : theme & leads ( fuzz setting ) , rhythm ( slight boost ) , keys ( slight drive )

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also aquired a cheap behringer SF300 boss clone that turned out to be very good : here is a clip

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now with the KPA fuzzes , they are OK but I l really prefer the real deal or like szyman says : an oversatured amp profile ( gain maxed if necessary , to outrageous levels were the real amp would never go ) than often lead to interesting and chaotic results.

Bommel has a great collection of fuzz and assorted tones he did profile , but he had to keep an old firmware to keep their tone , as newer firmware changed his profiles too dramatically. They are still very good to me, as they sound very different each other.

• External Content www.youtube.com

maybe you find something you like :) check it out

• but yeah it is true firmware 3.3 is the fuzziest ^^ the shaper effects back then were different, more aggressive pretty unique... now they are a bit tamed ... that is not bad but different