Profile the Axe

• What credibility should anyone give such individual who defends flat out marketing lies and gimmicks because in his/her mind, because he made one preset that somewhat resembles another preset in the Kemper that makes Fractal's intentional deceptive lies acceptable.

As far as my credibility is concerned, I posted the preset in question over at the Fractal Audio forum for anyone who wants to verify that it indeed sounds exactly like Guido's profile, and in light of that you still refused to take my blind test challenge. Like I said, anyone with an Axe FX and Guido's Lemon pack can verify that the preset sounds exactly like the profile, so there's no point in insinuating my blind test is potentially rigged. The truth is, you didn't know which was which and didn't want to make an incorrect guess.

Anyway, as far as the topic of the thread is concerned, there's obviously a lot of interest in Axe FX profiles.

• My God, the fighting's starting again. :(
    It's not about who or what is better, because everyone should be happy with who or what he or she wants.
    That both devices have excellent quality is well known.

This is the thread for "other gear".
    You don't have to see everything in relation to the KPA with commenting negatively and pulling it down. :!:

We even know why "we" have with the Kemper. But that doesn't mean that only we have the best.

• New member here.... but not a new user, actually. I've used kemper for a while and been reading the forum for about a year. I also own axe fx and many tube amps. They are all cool devices. Nothing is perfect. Axe and kemper adopt different approaches capable of achieving similarly great amp tones. Claims about one being shit and the other untouchable are bizarre.

Truth be told I have resisted joining the forum for a long time. The Dean_R situation is the perfect example. What did cold friction do wrong here? He's had Dean_R attack him repeatedly. It's what he seems to do almost full time on this forum. Because of him quite a few highly skilled, positive contributors left or participate no longer. I fail to see what Cold Friction did wrong? Use logic and audio tests?

I also know that just as as soon as I'd post anything critical of kemper or even simply praise another device Dean_ R thinks is competitive to kemper there would be endless streams of insults just like many others have sustained. Who wants that? For sure not me. It scares new users off. Of course it does.

Also notice how he never addressed any audio presented to him. Mad props to cold friction for remaining as professional.

This will probably be my one and only post here. I am not going to sustain the attacks soon incoming. Also no, I am not Dimi, Dean :) Contrary to you, he helps kemper stand out in a positive light. Quite immature of you to hurl insults at him knowing how he left forum too. It speaks volumes.

Not much more to say! Axe rocks! Kemper rocks! Thanks God we have such amazing devices!

• Warnings went out to ColdFrixion, Dean_R and collectiveamnesia. If you want to fight, do it somewhere else. This is getting old.

Dean has both ColdFrixon and me on ignore so I don't think you'll see extensive arguing at this point. But as an admin, I'd consider who in this thread has been a catalyst for chasing off forum members and hijacking threads to peddle narratives that reflect poorly on this forum and Kemper. I'll leave it at that.

• As far as my credibility is concerned, I posted the preset in question over at the Fractal Audio forum for anyone who wants to verify that it indeed sounds exactly like Guido's profile, and in light of that you still refused to take my blind test challenge. Like I said, anyone with an Axe FX and Guido's Lemon pack can verify that the preset sounds exactly like the profile, so there's no point in insinuating my blind test is potentially rigged. The truth is, you didn't know which was which and didn't want to make an incorrect guess.
    Anyway, as far as the topic of the thread is concerned, there's obviously a lot of interest in Axe FX profiles.

As far as I (as the original writer of this thread) am concerned,
    I‘m not really interested in Axe FX profiles!
    It was a joke to underline the possibility of the Kemper, to profile anything Fractal will bring out.
    I prefer the Profiles of real tube amps, not the Profiles of a modeling amp.

• As far as I (as the original writer of this thread) am concerned,I‘m not really interested in Axe FX profiles!
    It was a joke to underline the possibility of the Kemper, to profile anything Fractal will bring out.

In all seriousness, KPA profiles of the Axe FX I and II (and III I'm sure) sound a bit different than the amp models anyway in my experience.

• In all seriousness, KPA profiles of the Axe FX I and II (and III I'm sure) sound a bit different than the amp models anyway in my experience.

And you would lose the "total control" from the Axe anyway. You can still use the internal KPA parameters to craft a tone, but until the Kemper can "profile" or model every component of every amp or modeler and how it behaves, it's no direct substitute, which at this point is not its intended function. I've found a few profiles of the Axe that are quite good, but many of them I don't care for because the preset wasn't set up remotely close to what my tastes would be. The Kemper EQ can only get you so far, so I'd be better off having the Axe and tweaking it before profiling the tone I preferred. In other words, the Kemper "snapshot" doesn't "steal the soul" of any product but instead tries to replicate a particular setting only, but if you want a different setting you'd still need the product in question.

• ULTRA PROFILES:
    I did some profiles of the ULTRA back in the day, choosing profiles that were very light in the effects department, and they were spot on. I posted them on TheGearPage for all to see. No one commented negatively on them.

FREMENS ATTEMPTS:
    I've heard some of Fremen's profiles of the FXII that he did with the Kemper (he shared a few with me) and he was frustrated on some because he couldn't quite nail it right (again, the effects don't match)

DIFFICULT:
    I suspect that IF one wanted to do the entire FXII or FXIII for a Kemper, you have many decisions to make. Not only effects matching, but what settings? Remember, the Fractal units are entire models of their amps, not snapshots. But if you're just looking for Fractals presets (which doesn't make sense because we ALL know that stock presets are the best foot forward on modelers) I imagine it will take a LONG time to achieve.

How long? Remember, you can't profile certain effects. You have to take them OFF the Fractal, then profile a more base AMP and perhaps some overdrive pedals if they are in the chain. Then builld those effects back up in the Kemper. This assumes you are very good at Profiling and Effect tweaking.

WASTE OF TIME:
    For me, TIME = MONEY and I suspect the time to do all this might just equal to the cost of the unit anyway!

As for me, I've played the FXII and I've played and own many, many profiles, and I just don't see the need.
    The EXTENSIVE profile library for the Kemper is exhausting to contemplate, much less trial on your KPA.

PROCEDURE:
    I've said it before, if you know your KPA well, you can choose a similar amp to the FXII amp, and then tweak for similarity. It can be done quite quickly by ear. Try it sometime.

1) Find the amp model, search the Rig Manager for those amps and trial them for the closest match
    2) Adjust the gain to more closely match the level of distoriton.
    2) Adjust KPA parameters in the CAB section to get the overall growl of the tubes if there is distortion (High, Low Shift)
    3) Adjust EQ section
    4) Add and adjust effects (i.e. delay, reverb)

When I do this live with my friend, I spend less time than he does on the FXII dialing in HIS presets. In headphones, I hear differences in the Reverbs, but LIVE going MONO out a real Cabinet, it's not noticeably and easily dialed in.

SUMMARY:
    Not worth it. Take a Pass. Go Profile Hunting as it's more constructive and less wasteful of your time.

• As far as I (as the original writer of this thread) am concerned,I‘m not really interested in Axe FX profiles!

considering OP's statement above, the constant infighting in this thread and
    the tendency of AxeFx related threads to escalate (exhibit A, this thread)
    I'll close this thread and urge all users that were anything but perfectly civil at any point of this to cool off

thank you