Direct Profile sounds like speakers that are about to explode

• While the DI box seemed to stop the exploding speakers, all of my profiles that are mid gain or higher have a really strange midrange sound like a wah pedal stuck on, i've tried refining a couple of times. Any idea what else to try?

THanks.

• I know it’s a pain, Chris… And I don’t even know how to do this at my house, I’m old-school… But could you make a recording of the Reference amplifier and the profile? That would probably help a lot!
    Then we could hear the mid honk you’re talking about, I have experienced it myself, bro…
    When I profile any of my amplifiers the EQ I use on the amplifier is nothing close to the way I’d want to use it, but the resulting profile turns out better when I do it …

• Chris, you have your preamp connected to the Fryette via the Line In?
    I am afraid that you don't utilize the reactive load this way, as this would only work with a power amp connected to the Amp In.

Have you tried to profile your preamp alone?

• I haven't tried that yet, but with IR's that never sounded very good to me. The Fryette will use the reactive load if you take the speaker out to the amp in on the back, he explains it here ( https://youtu.be/PTorwKzwzO0 )

Now i'm just having issues getting the sound right with my DI box.

I'm still getting extreme wah like sounds...this is recorded a bit too hot, but you get the idea. The first half is the profile, the second is direct (no cab so these sound fizzy i know but the problem is still obvious). Not sure what i'm doing wrong, thanks!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Chris, you have your preamp connected to the Fryette via the Line In?
    I am afraid that you don't utilize the reactive load this way, as this would only work with a power amp connected to the Amp In.

Have you tried to profile your preamp alone?

• Hey Chris, yes… That is plain and easy to hear. are you using a real speaker (speaker out from powerstation into real speaker cabinet) or are you using the reactive load ( as in the video ) in the power station?

• Gotcha!
    Did you do a few direct profiles in a row? only reason why I ask is that, sometimes my first one sounds like yours and then the next couple sound pristine…
    Sorry, Chris... You probably have tried a few, I’m just trying to cover all the bases.
    I must say, my direct profiling experience has been nothing but frustration, I have got a few good ones, thank goodness… but I can do three in a row and not change one setting and end up with completely different sounding profiles with completely different definition numbers…?!
    It should not be this difficult