Metal profile similar to Amon Amarth

• Hey there guys.

I have owned my Kemper for about a half a year now and I have my live tones dialed in great. I am getting constant compliments on my tone from most shows we play. We are getting ready to start recording our second album and I am noticing that my live profiles dont quite sound the same when I am recording with the Kemper. I use heavy distortion, but it doesnt come out as crisp recorded as it does live. I have messed around with my profiles that I have purchased and I just cant seem to get the sound I am looking for. Is this what "Studio" profiles are for? I purchase a lot of third party Kemper profiles, but I cant seem to dial in that heavy, crisp sound without it sounding over distorted.

Anyone have any suggestions or profiles they wanna throw at me? Doesn't matter if they are free or if I have to purchase.

Thanks,
    Gary

• Try out my "DR R OD9 57 SCOOP" on the exchange. I made it with that exact problem in mind, I never was able to get a good harmonic and crisp high end out of profiles made by others.

There are couple other variations starting with "DR R OD9" but that scooped one is the one I use 99% of the time for recording. It actually has too much and very high extending treble so you might want to use a low pass if you're quad tracking.

It's a mid 90's rackmount rev G Dual Rectifier, on the red channel with diodes and 6L6, boosted with a Maxon OD9. V30+SM57. Mic pre was a Great River ME1NV.

Here's a good sample how it sounds in a mix: https://youtu.be/ZgmSxGEILiA?t=24m18s