What Drive/Distortion/Fuzz pedals do you love?

• I would love to hear about everyone’s favorite drive/Distortion/fuzz machines and why you love ‘em. We all know why we have KPA’s but drive pedals are magical little boxes, too!

My latest girlfriend is the Elektron Analog Drive. thanks to @Allenhuish for the demo, it was one that helped me decide to pull the trigger.

Whatcha got and why?

Fats

Art is not a competition

• I got the IT FUZZ V2 number 8 of 10 that were ever built ... it is amazing ... if you give it to low input it breaks of the signal in a bitcrusher like way, it is smooth and fat

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i simply love it :)
    and i built my self a fuzz factory ... it is ultra versatile and sounds great ...

I'm a ultra Fuzz fan ...
    i mean watch this from 1:40 ... the reaction of the man in the back when the fuzz is activated shows so much how i love fuzzes ...
    distortion is cool but somehow the standard nowadays but a ultra fat fuzz ... that is another story :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i also had and loved the swollen pickle fuzz, and the Ibanez fz7 is a extremely underrated fuzz ...

• i love the Blackarts Toneworks Pharaoh. It's just a massive, thick fuzz that errs into overdrive and distortion territory with ease. It stacks with other drives really well and seems to sound awesome with any amp I've tried it with including the KPA. I bought the supreme version earlier this year which is a bit more flexible and has some really fun settings.

• The only drive pedal I currently use with my Kemper is my Strymon Riverside. It’s very flexible and I can have four sounds ready to roll with it’s built in morph feature and favorite.
    It kicks serious butt!

• Fulltone OCD, it will give you the growl of full fat tube overdrive. It will easily push any amp into extreme high gain territory if needed, if you want something similar but much cheaper to know if you like it. Try the Joyo Ultimate Drive for less than $30 shipped.

Love the OCD! Working tones with the Elektron and the KPA is simple and the programming capabilities are fantastic, but the OCD always goes with me and my Bassbreaker 15 for old school pedalboard situations. I built a JHS 808 clone that turned out nice, too. For darker tones I like the TC MojoMojo and Dark Matter. Some combination of these and sometimes my Wampler Sovereign are always on the board.

Fats

Art is not a competition

• I got, in about 2010, a new pedal, DOD Overdrive (yellow, 2 knobs) for $35 off B&H.

I noticed in 2015 the price had gone up to the $45 region.

Today? It's friggin $95 and up for mods. I think ppl just realized it was a fantastic pedal and upped the price because people are stupid and will pay that much for other pedals, why not this one?

I bet the circuit in it is CHEAP and EASY to make, DIY style.

But if you're willing, the 2 most usable pedals on my pedal board when I last had one were:

1) DOD Overdrive (yellow pedal remake)
    2) Xotic EP Boost

Now I used that 2nd for regular amps (ie Vox, Marshall) but when I got boutique amps, they seemed to have the mid presence built in that made that pedal useless or overkill.
    But if you think something needs some Mmmmm to it, that's a great pedal (modals the preamp on an EchoPlex, like Jimmy Page would use)

• @db9091 Classic OD’s like that yellow pedal of yours are the bomb. It’s funny how with all innovation over the years we keep going back to yellow/gray/green pedals and muffled rodents living in scoop zones for our baselines.

I’m going to snag an EP Boost. Nothing but great things I hear...

How about one of my all time favorites? The original Tech 21 SansAmp! Rediscovered mine after I gave it some TLC ( it didn’t want to power up) and, damn! I’d forgotten how versatile it was... if ever there was as a game changer from that era it certainly was in the running. It’ll tweak to sound great into just about anything just barely at, or just past, the edge of breakup.

Fats

Art is not a competition

• The last 3-4 years I only got one left. A modded Maxon OD-9 and it's the best I've owned. Period. Been checking out some pedals on YT lately but can't decide for wihich another pedal I want. Nowadays I live in a small town and the music shop here is very limited so I guess I have to take a chance and buy some pedal used and if I don't like it, I just sell it for the same price. That way I won't loose any money.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• i have a cocked fight wah from ehx, it is very good, in fact sounds terrific

has the fuzz, the bias control, the talking filter, the cocked wah, you can select post or pre to place the fuzz position

very amazingly nice, i use it in front of kemper and if you use the fuzz post wah within a kemper hi-gain profile, it sounds glorious.

• Wampler Paisley, for light crunch and boost. Wampler Velvet Fuzz, my introduction to the world of Fuzz Pedals.

Guitars, Bass and Electronics
    ·