Solved-Sudden weird volume swell problem

• Today at the rehearsal I switched on my KPA and had a severe volume problem:
    The volume went up and down and went away completely then came back again ;(=O .
    A restart and updating by my data stick didn't solve the problem :/:cursing::evil: .

After the rehearsal ( I played over a friends amp) I double checked and .. bam... everything was ok then...

The KPA was stored in a rather cold room for a couple of days. Do you guys think this could matter???

stay tuned... :thumbup:

• Is it possible that you plugged an open cable in a Pedal Socket the function Volume Pedal has been assigned to? Open cable means a cable, no pedal is connected to.

Next time this happens, please enter the System Settings and check on Page "Pedal Links", if the controller for Volume is moving.

• Is it possible that you plugged an open cable in a Pedal Socket the function Volume Pedal has been assigned to? Open cable means a cable, no pedal is connected to.

Next time this happens, please enter the System Settings and check on Page "Pedal Links", if the controller for Volume is moving.

Nope, everything was plugged in correctly, I use a Mission for wah and a Ernie Ball VP Jr with a y-cable, but I will doublecheck that if it occurs again!
    All controlers/calibrate lights were moving!
    Thanks!!!

• Here is a trick: Should this be caused by a defective Master Volume pot, it might only happen in one particular physical position of that pot. So turning the Master Volume Knob a bit - e. g. while the Profiler is switched off -, might help to heal the situation at least temporarily. You could also unlink all output volumes, turn the Master Volume Knob a bit, and then link outputs volumes again.

• Yesterday at the soundcheck the described problem was there again.
    By checking all Sytem and Rig settings I found the problem:
    I did a USB restore from my Rack version. On my Rack I use Pedal 1 for my Pedal, on my Toaster in combination with the Remote I use Pedal 5 for Volume. So 2 pedals were configurated as Pedal type 1 , volume. I switched off Pedal 1 and the problem was gone!
    So watch out your Pedal configuration when using 2 Profiler!!!

Video:
    Kemper volume issue

• Multiple pedal sockets of Profiler and/or Remote being configured as Volume Pedal shouldn't cause any issue as long as only one socket has an expression pedal attached. In particular avoid open cables!!!

• Multiple pedal sockets of Profiler and/or Remote being configured as Volume Pedal shouldn't cause any issue as long as only one socket has an expression pedal attached. In particular avoid open cables!!!

That´s what I thought, too!
    In my case the problem was fixed by turning off the Pedal in Pedal 1 menu while on the Remote Pedal 5 was conf. as Pedal Type 1, Volume.
    And of course I made sure that NO cables were oben, I even switched the cable before I checked the Pedal settings with no effect...

• Every Profiler has preconfigured Volume Pedal at socket Pedal 1 (Profiler) and Pedal 3 (Remote) by default in order to make a first commissioning as easy as possible. This is also the default after an "Init Globals" reset. I guess, we would be aware, if this as such would create an issue.

If somebody can reproduce such an issue, please open a support ticket, send us a Profiler backup and information what is exactly connected to which socket and steps to reproduce.

• No, I hadn't seen that video!

What that video shows doesn't happen, if just two Volume Pedals are configured. Every Profiler has that setting by default. Every user can easily verify this.

The fluctuation of the Volume Pedal bar in your video is similar to what you experience, if you connect an open cable to one of the pedal sockets. Meaning: you plug a TRS cable into the socket of Profiler or Remote, while nothing is connected to the other side of the cable. The Profiler is performing a constant automatic recalibration, which is causing that fluctuation. To me this looks like a defective TRS cable or pedal or a jack not. completely plugged in ...

So, the question is - since your expression pedal seems to control volume properly now - what had been connected to the second Volume Pedal socket at that time?

• So, the question is - since your expression pedal seems to control volume properly now - what had been connected to the second Volume Pedal socket at that time?

Nothing! In socket 6 a ME Pedal for my wah, that's it...
    Strange though that even exchanging the y-cable didn't solve the problem.
    It went with turning off the Pedal 1 setting in the system menu...
    Tztztztztztztztztz