Capturing Profile Not working

• I have attempted to profile a Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo amp. I believe I have the connections correct, guitar to Kempter input, Direct Output/Send to the amp input, an SM57 in front of the amp connected via XLR to the Return Input. I switch the profiler to Profiler set the output volume select next, select clean and no cabinet, press next and select start profiling. I can hear the spacey noises coming out of the amp. Then the profiler errors out with a statement such as there is no amp connected or the volume is too low. I have turned the volume up to near full. I've checked all the cables are in working condition. I even switched mics to rather sensitive condenser mic, and I get the same result. Any ideas on what I might be doing incorrectly?

This is a Kemper lunchbox, non powered model with software version 5.3.1.13085.

• Sounds like your connections are right but why are you selecting "no cabinet" when you are micing a cab? If you connect headphones, can you hear the amp when you select reference amp in profiling mode? Did you turn the return volume up in the profiling menu? Are you trying to capture a clean or distorted sound from your amp?

Also, a condenser mic will not work because the XLR return on the KPA does not have phantom power. The 57 should work fine.

• Dang... hadn't even thought about the condenser not working. At that point I was trying anything.

Initially I selected no cabinet since I didn't have a separate cabinet. I did try capturing the profile when "no cabinet" was not selected and experienced the same result.

I do hear the reference amp when I selected that; however, I will double check that because the amp is in the same room (it's a challenge I have to live with due to space limitation, my children don't want my amps in their rooms for some reason :) )

I didn't touch the return volume level. I will try that.

After having the Kemper for almost 3 years, this is my first attempt at capturing a profile. I've just modified stock or free ones and like them. I just wanted to try capturing my 6505+.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

• Sounds like your connections are right but why are you selecting "no cabinet" when you are micing a cab? If you connect headphones, can you hear the amp when you select reference amp in profiling mode? Did you turn the return volume up in the profiling menu? Are you trying to capture a clean or distorted sound from your amp?

Also, a condenser mic will not work because the XLR return on the KPA does not have phantom power. The 57 should work fine.

I'm kind of having the same problem but turning up the return level doesn't fix anything.

I pretty much doing the same.. guitar into kemper input, direct out in to my marshall head and cab, mic into my focusrite scarlett 18i20 and using SPIDF IN/OUT.

when I try to profile it makes the alien sounds for a few seconds (while that is happening I cant get any output sound from my reference amp until the kemper stops trying to profile saying ERROR" no external amp connected or volume too low"

is there a wrong connection here or is there an adjustment in the scarlett mixing control that I'm missing?

HELP!

• You need to feed the microphone signal into the Return of the Profiler. Have you consulted the Profiling Guide? It includes graphics. S/PDIF is nowhere mentioned there.

If you want to use a condenser mike you need to put a device in between, which provides phantom power e. g. a mixing desk, but the signal needs to be fed into the Profiler's Return and nothing else.