UAD EP-34

• Ppl who know me here know I'm pretty sick of this company and would gladly fly the coop.

However, I keep coming back to how good some of their plugins are.

I have the SoundToys Echo Boy, which is the OMG of plugin delays. But this EP-34 is just so darned natural and you manipulate it if you wish just like a physical one.

It's something to behold. ONE day others will get this good, but until then, I keep getting stuck with these UA DSP Owning Blues...

My other favorite is the Lexicon 224. I have Slate's VerbSuite and it is very good indeed. If I only had ONE and needed many reverbs, that or 7th Heaven Pro would go a long way.
    But for Vocals I haven't been able to beat UAD's 224.

Now I gotta add that EP-34. Well I DID like the Xotic EP Booster, so maybe I'm just an EP junkie?

• I like UA. Plugs are wicked.

Have you tried the H-Delay/Verb from waves? I know, old hat but they're good.

I'll have to look at that EP-34. Thanks for the info.

• Funny, I did write a review on the UAD site, I can't find it anymore. Maybe because I was a critical?
    Anyways, a great plugin, I went crazy when I found the self oscillation. Just great.
    Also the fact I immediately recognized all those freaky Tommy Bolin fx.

But..I really don't use it as much as I thought I would. Simply because there are plenty other delay's which get me there quicker. Like for instance (also UAD) the Cooper Time Cube.

So great, but not for me.

• EchoBoy is indeed fantastic. Really versatile.

The UAD plugin here is just a tad more "natural" sounding but it's also less versatile. You can do pretty much anything with the EchoBoy. I think the EP-34 just add a different color and is kind of fun to play with "physically"