BAE DMP -> WA2A

• I recently upgraded my signal chain (creating a hardware backup to my VMS system from Slate)

I went "all the way" to a pro mic (equity and curiosity) so I grabbed the U87. Nice mic. (of course)

But what I was really after was the rest of the chain. The BAE cranked up with the output lower really brings out that NEVE 1073 creaminess that smooths out your harsh vocals.
    It also does that for guitar (and the DMP is a Bass DI specifically)

The WA2A really adds that nice compressed smoothness you'd expect from an optical. As a chain, man, everything sounds like a Radio show. Just what I wanted.

Any who, this is a shout out to those "clones". The Neve 1073 clone as BAE does it. And the UA LA2A clone as Warm Audio does it. Makes me want other WA products (their Pultec and maybe the other faster compressor, the 76, to catch any stray peaks for vocals/bass)

As they say, going in nice leaves less problems mixing. And this goes in REAL nice. It's all about the performance for sure, but this creamy chain just takes a lot of the chain mistakes of cheaper gear out of the equation. Previously I had a TLM-103 -> LA610 and I spend a lot of time hit/miss trial and error to get some good recordings, but mostly some disappointing ones.

I hope to have more HITS with this one. (On a side note, the VMS is nice sounding and versatile, but in-the-box by itself doesn't seem to have something, like this U87, that takes to other plugins as well)