Who gigs with a backup KPA

• How many units have actually went down at a gig? I really want to buy a 2nd KPA and eventually get rid of my Ax8 (currently only using ot for the loop of my real Friedman JJ). I am just curious as to how likely it is I might ever need a back up rig at a gig?

I realize no one can answer this definitively but I am just getting an idea of how many people gig with back up rigs?

• I have two KPA's, but not because I'm in need of a back up. Since we have a truck with complete backline and PA, my "Live KPA" is always in the truck (when I'm not gigging, of course). For rehearsal and making sounds I have a second KPA, at home. The only thing I carry to a gig is a USB stick with the latest back up of my "Home KPA".
    None of my KPA's went down - playing 2 gigs per week, from April to September, every year (playing KPA since April 2016).

• Got one toaster and one rack for backup recently. Five years on the road and rehearsels and never had a failure. that must be hundreds of times going in and out of cars and trucks etc.... The toaster once even fell from 2 m on concrete: metal casing has a dent now , but all worked well ever since. So i think I will never have to use the backup, but it feels more comfortable to have it along! I'm so used to my sounds and the way i manage them with the remote that i'm not confident anymore to use other gear as a backup...

• Never had any issues in 2 years of gigging with the rack version and take my old Rocktron Prophesy with an IR player for backup. I want a toaster now for backup and lightweight when having to fly.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7