Remote went blank, would not operate.

• Hey there guys,

Last night at rehearsal, I was playing, went to change my bank on my remote and it froze up, then went blank, as if it had no power to it. I removed the cable from the remote, waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in. The remote lights came on, it started to cycle, then got stuck in the "waiting to connect" mode.......then went blank again. I unplugged the cable again, waited 10 seconds and it did the same thing. Finally, I turned the Kemper off, waited 10 seconds and turned it back on. It worked this time and worked for the rest of the evening. Has anyone else had this issue? I called Sweetwater and they said it possibly could be the cable so they are giving me another cable to try out.

This is the very first time this has ever happened so I am questioning it being a cable issue. The remote was not moving around, it was very stable.

Thoughts?

• A cable issue is very quick detected. The remote works also with a normal cat5 cable. If you have a prox. 2 meter long one at home you can check out if the remote works with the cable. My remote was delivered with a defect cable last year in January. I tried a cat5 and it works. Kempersupport sent me a new and working cable after opening a support ticket. It works till today :thumbup:

• Just an update.....

I have wiggled both ends of the cable the the plug in points and it does not affect the remote. Maybe it just got stuck or something.....I don't know. I have used it three times since and no issues at all. Don't know if I wanna close this thread just yet as I really do not have an answer or solution to this problem.

• Just an update.....

I have wiggled both ends of the cable the the plug in points and it does not affect the remote. Maybe it just got stuck or something.....I don't know. I have used it three times since and no issues at all. Don't know if I wanna close this thread just yet as I really do not have an answer or solution to this problem.

Glad you have no issue yet. Maybe the cable was not completely plugged in and after all your tests and so on, it is. But I recommend to check it again with a normal cat5 cable to see if everything is stable.

• Yeah this happened to me Mid show last night.
    Switched patch and walked downstage for solo and by The time I was back, Remote was dead.
    Unplugged the remote, rebooted it and it worked fine.... but I’d like it to not just up and die on me again.
    Anyone get anywhere with this problem?
    -Cam

• So, this happened again last night. I own 2 Kempers, 2 cables and one remote. This time the remote went blank with my other Kemper while connected to a different cable. This is definitely not a cable issue. I have contacted Sweetwater, because they are who I purchased everything from and they have notified Kemper. Last time I had a remote problem, they had a new one at my front door step in less than 48 hours. Hopefully I will get the same customer service. We go on tour next weekend and I do not want to be worried about this happening again while on the road.

• Yeah this happened to me Mid show last night.
    Switched patch and walked downstage for solo and by The time I was back, Remote was dead.
    Unplugged the remote, rebooted it and it worked fine.... but I’d like it to not just up and die on me again.
    Anyone get anywhere with this problem?
    -Cam

This happened to me as well again last night. (See latest reply in this thread). My issue wont correct by unplugging the cable though. I had to shut the Kemper down in order for the remote to boot back up. Mine is less than a year old so I have contacted Sweetwater, and they have contacted Kemper. Hopefully there will be some resolve soon.

• I had the exact same issue happen last week to me last week, as described by the OP. I was thinking it’s the cable, and contacted KA-USA for a new cable. So is this a remote issue? My problem was the same, as well as how it “fixed itself”. What should I do?

When will my talent upgrade be released?

• I had the exact same issue happen last week to me last week, as described by the OP. I was thinking it’s the cable, and contacted KA-USA for a new cable. So is this a remote issue? My problem was the same, as well as how it “fixed itself”. What should I do?

Contact Kemper. It was determined that the IP address on my remote was dropping out, causing the remote to freeze up and go blank. I already received my new remote and no problems as of yet. :thumbup: