What do you use for back up for your Kemper

• I have been using a USB stick to update the OS.
    I've used that same USB stick and the Rig Manager to put profiles on the KPA.
    Occasionally I have to erase the stick to get it to work easily with the KPA (it can be fussy sometimes reading the stick)
    I keep KPA backups on the stick and 1 backup in a separate computer folder that is organized.

Here is how I organize that folder
    [Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4653/39386053785_0542d16a81_b.jpg]">

Out of view is the RIG MANAGER - COPY folder that has it's dB backup.

DROPBOX:
    This was where I originally had my "STUDIO" folder thinking "it's backed up on the cloud AND synched between my MBP and iMac"
    but the CON of this is: a Virus can destroy ALL copies, and a personally mistake is synched across all copies. Hmmm

IMAGE DRIVE:
    My current strategy uses CARBON COPY CLONER to create a bootable image backup of each computer, the MBP and iMac.
    I can cold boot or reinstall an MBP image to the iMac or MBP and vice versa. There are some initial registration issues but they aren't hard to sort out.
    (Initially I have to re-authorize plugins, rename the computer or else the iMac thinks its a MBP! lol)

Therefore, a physical HD or SSD backup is necessary. I keep these in hot-swap disc readers (that can take HD or SSD and are USB 3.0 speed) that are OFF
    unless I'm using them. This way, a virus can't "see" them.

I haven't used Time Machine in a long time and only do DATA backups with DATA drives (backup drives that hold plugin libraries that are huge downloads, ie Superior Drummer 3 has 200+GB of downloads, yowza!)

Now you all know the name of my amateur and un-trademarked studio. Anyone find a nice JPEG of a Blue Slash? haha

• For rigs without Exchange and Rigpacks I have mapped the data structure of RM in the Explorer and save it externally on stick and external HDD.

I also back up RM regularly on stick and external HDD.
    A additional RM runs at my notebook I use for rehearsal. There is always the last status and some RM-Backups.
    Before I insert a Rig in the RM I load the new Rig in the explorer structure to pass by in the RM.

• POD 2 bean.
    I would use a Marshall distorted tone and roll back the guitar volume for clean.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I actually meant both, thanks to all who chimed in.

*phew*

I don't bring backup. First off, 5 years and I've never had a hiccup that wasn't a dead cable or volume low setting. Worst took me 1/2 to figure out my own stupidity!

That said, if the KPA did kick the bucket during playing LIVE, I'd look over at the other guitarist, wave a $100 bill in his direction, and tell him to buy some drinks for girls at the bar.
    Then I'd use his rig. (He has a Fractal FXII XL)

If on the rare chance the "other" guitarist flips me the bird, I take my $100 and go to the bar myself. Win-Win.

I just can't do Ingolf's solution: You don't bring a knife to a gun fight. And you don't bring a Zoom to a KPA gig!

Ok, fantasy, over, time to wake up!

Truth, I don't gig at bars. I just play with a friend at parties but mostly record at home. And for that I can always use any ol' amp he has available. I'm not that picky.

For recording: I'd just wait for the replacement most likely (out of frustration), or possibly DI my BAE 1073 DMP or if that Bootsy 1/4" input was too weird the Apollo Z-input and use a demo UAD plugin until the replacement came and reamp it.

• Ok, fantasy, over, time to wake up!

Indead, time has gone that you could stop playing and invite some girls to the bar. (In my time we were invited ;) )

The show must go on - no matter how.
    It is only a small percentage in audience who really would realize the difference.
    But I hope every one would miss you ^^

• I pull something almost pre-historic out ...it's called ... a valve amp =O haha :whistling::saint:

(*admittedly usually the smallest & lightest option available like my H&K GM36 :thumbup: )

Always looking into other options though - Atomic Amplifire etc. ...really thought my GAS had gone but I guess I was just in denial or placid phase haha! Actually, was certain my guitar GAS had been cured but even that's coming creeping back slowlyyyyy now - Only for 2 more though :whistling::whistling::whistling::/ honest :saint::saint: