How to morph by midi controller (not with expression pedal)

• Hi,

Is there a way to switch morph on and off by midi, without an expression pedal? To clarify, I want to press a button on my FAMC Liquid Foot + 12 + to toggle between the two values. I have an expression pedal and it works fine but I'd like to be able to do this at times and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

• MIDI Control Change #11 value 127 is Morph Sound (like Morph pedal in toe position) and value 0 is Base Sound (like Morph Pedal in heel position).

Thanks gents, that's how I've currently got it but wondered if it was possible to make use of the slow ramp feature that the foot controller has.

• Thanks gents, that's how I've currently got it but wondered if it was possible to make use of the slow ramp feature that the foot controller has.

Does it mean that you want a MIDI command instead of an hardware pushbutton ?
    That could be be sensefull.!

• Thanks gents, that's how I've currently got it but wondered if it was possible to make use of the slow ramp feature that the foot controller has.

That would be the case if you send MIDI Control Changes #47-54. This method is described as the relative method to load Slots/Rigs in the Reference Manual chapter "MIDI". The first MIDI CC #52 loads Slot 3 of the current Performance. The next #52 will trigger Morphing with the Rise Time set. The next #52 will trigger travelling back to Base Sound with the Fall Time set. And so on. If you send CC #54 Slot 5 will be loaded. The next subsequent #54 will morph that Slot....

• Digging this back up. Hope you don’t mind. I’ve ordered the Meloaudio Midi Commander (well actually the Harley Benton version).

If I want to be able to morph in performance mode, the above post implies that I just need to press the appropriate switch to send a performance slot change #50-54, then press it again resending #50-54 to morph? The manual suggests that #36 needs to be sent to morph making me think I need say #50 on first press and #36 on second, rather than #50 twice?

Also, manual talks about temporary mode and latched in relation to #36. What does it mean?

Thanks.

• Hi, I was fighting with the same issue: switching back and forth between morphed and non-morphed slots with firmware 7.1.2.

Here is what did not work: CC#51, then again CC#51 (morphing "up" did work, but I could not morph back "down" to base position)

Here is what did work: CC#51, then after ramp up time passed CC#11 127 to set expression pedal to its max position, and then again CC#51 to morph back down to base position (probably after ramp down it is worth to send CC#11 0, to reset expression pedal).

Not sure if it is bug or feature but it would definitely deserve a small chapter in documentation.

CC#36 doesn't work - it is most likely copy & paste bug in documentation. CC#11 is for expression.

• To clarify:

You need to send e.g. CC#51, value 1 to select Slot 2 of current Performance. Then send CC#51, Value 0 shortly after it to emulate a switch being depressed and released.

Then send CC#51 value 1 again, it will trigger the Morphed State of the Rig in Slot 2. Send CC#51 Value 0 again.

Send Value CC#51 Value 1, the Morph to Base State is triggered correctly. Send CC#51 Value 0 again

and so on.

Otherwise the MOMENTARY option in Morphing would not work.