GR-55 as A/I for Kemper - Best Connections?

• I have just picked up a GR-55 out of know where. I currently use my 11r s my A/I for my kemper into my laptop and studio monitors.

Any ideas what the best method for a connection is here? I have looked online and just get confused. Mainly because I see little info on using the GR-55 as a A/I with the Kemper.

Looking for something like 13 pin > Gr-55 > Kemper > GR-55 usb > PC

Is this possible and if so what is the best methods?

• in all honesty; I'd probably just buy an interface of some sort with traditional xlr inputs and use it instead. The 55 is a great piece of gear for specific purposes but I wouldn't put recording interface as one of its top uses. It's not that it isn't good, so much as it's just too inflexible and obviously reliant on 13pin tech.

If you are full bore dedicated to guitar synthing (aka crazy like myself); the Primova box would be a great choice. Here's a pic of my pedalboard. Absurdity duly noted ;(:D
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/oB5Ybcr.jpg?1]

• Thanks again,

I am mildly confused on what the GKFX-1 does. It allows you to use Kemper amp models and fx along with some of the MIDI features of the gr-55?

TIA

Sorry for the slow replies. It's my 3 day weekend :D

The GKFX allows you to blend your normal pickup signal chain and connected outboard devices into the GR55's 13pin pickup signal chain. Without it; all you are ever going to record is the processed tones from the GR55. I had it setup with the Kemper in the GKFX normal pickup signal chain then routed back into the GR. One output would go to front of house and the other would go to my powered monitor. Does that make sense to you?

• Sorry for bother you on your weekend and thanks for the help! My 13 pin guitar came and I was busy trying to play with it. The GR-55 has my mind blown, what fund. Unfortunatelyy the Piezo saddle on the high e seems to have problems. It has some signal but acts pretty much dead when I play it. If I tap it a bit i will work for a little bit then fizzle away , but always have some signal.

Guess I gotta send the guitar back for warranty issue which means I can't play for a couple weeks.

Thanks again!