Morphing the amp section?

• Hi guys,

I would like to morph the AMPLIFIER in the STACK section to get a real clean sound inside a crunch/heavy rig. Just putting the Gain down leads to a mumbling sound, but turning the AMPLIFIER down sounds exactly the way I want it. But I want this to be morphed to include all necessary option for that song into one rig.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

• Unfortunately I don't think there are parameters, which allow switching off the amp via adjusting parameters. And above that, I don't see a chance to include the amp parameters into morphing. Means they don't do, what I want them to do, but above that, I am not able to morph them.

Is there a way to get the AMPLIFIER out of the stack section on the remote to switch it on/off?

• Amp parameters can be morphed, but as has been stated, this doesn't allow you to turn on and off the amp section.

What you can do is make a copy of the rig, turn off the amp section on the copy and then add that to the performance - that way, you can switch between two rigs that are identical apart from one rig not having its amp section on.
    This will of course take up a slot in the performance for each profile you wish to have this functionality with.

• Have you tried morphing direct mix?
    Perhaps turning up direct mix can lead to good results with also morphing gain or volume down (I guess the direct sound is affected by volume as well, but I haven't tried it for myself)

• Indeed I wanted to save a slot in that performance, but if this is the only way, I'll consider that.Thanks.

Sorry for asking again and obviously I don't need it. But if I can morph the parameters in the amp section, why don't I see the LEDs move when doing it like in the other parameter places? Did I do something wrong?

• But if I can morph the parameters in the amp section, why don't I see the LEDs move when doing it like in the other parameter places? Did I do something wrong?

Good question. - I don't know. You should be able to see which parameters are set for morphing (indicated by a small "m" next to them).

Could you hear an effect?
    And can you see the numbers change on the display when you are in the amp view?

• And also in practice people do this all the time. Takes a few seconds to verify this. All nine parameters within the Amp Module are continuous and can be morphed. And the LEDs of the Soft Knobs will reflect the travel, if you own a Profiler Head. I you own a Rack the values in the display will reflect the travel. Morphing business as usual.

Check out the Morphing Demo Rig Pack for example Rig "MORPH Phaser".

• What cannot be seen in that video: The pedal needs to be in toe position. Otherwise parameter changes are not interpreted as intended morph values. This applies to amp parameters like to any other parameters in the Rig. Have you tried to include other parameters in the Morphing e. g. Treble?

Perhaps your pedal controlling Morph pPedal isn't calibrated correctly and its toe position doesn't reach maximum value. Check its bar in the System Settings and recalibrate as needed.