Fredman Kemper Profiles? At the Gates, Hammerfall...

• Welp, I bough them during a big sale long ago, and I did like the cabinet voicings to some point, except that some of the profiles on this pack are supposed to be done with a Marshall cabinet and a Valvestate 8100 boosted with a HM-2 / MT-2 rather than a 5150/Engl Savage (Whoracle), and it probably would be impossible to recreate the SOTS tone since he'd probably need that frankenstein cabinet made by Anders Björler's dad, and that old Peavey Supreme 160 head, dunno if that stuff is still in his possession. I did like most of them, and the main reason for me to make the purchase was the Clayman profile, but hell, I actually ended up keeping the "Clayman" profile that I had err, "crafted" a good while ago, prior to Mr. Nordström releasing the packs.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mind you, there is a lowpass, highpass, some notches at and shaping at a few offending frequencies, and preamp - console - tape emulations involved, it's like an "guitar stems directly from the mix" kind of clip at the moment. Nevertheless, I think I nailed it, and I wasn't able to get this close with a real 5150, the ENGL V30 cab and 2 sm57's around 6 years ago back then.

The amp section is from Deadlight Studio/Tonehammer (Hey Lars!) 5150 MK1 pack, on the green channel with the power sagging pushed, a hardware pedal ISP Fetish Overdrive in front of the Kemper as a boost. The cabinet portion is an impulse that I've made from the lone guitar at the beginning of the song "Suburban Me", converted and truncated appropriately with the SSRC high quality sample rate converter (runs as a command prompt executable) and then imported into the profiler with the Cab Maker.