Any tips for managing Rig Manager Content?

• I'm a Kemper Newbie, still getting my arms around how to use and set up the Profiler and the Rig Manager. I'm a little confused and I'd like to get started on the right foot without making a mess - where I can't find anything or actually lose data. I'm reading through the documentation, but I know there's a lot of practical advice that can be shared as well.

So, with regard to 'data management' and the folder structure in Rig Manager (ie, Rigs, Performances, Settings, Local, Backup, etc...), is there (or can some experienced user document) a "Tips and Tricks" type of thread with basic organizational techniques with recommendations on how / when to back up, what to back up, how to efficiently structure or create folders, how to do a factory reset, etc... Or maybe something like this already exists and I just can't find it on the site (or I can find pieces here and there).

Yes, I get that some of this may be personal preference - but even some frame of reference from other users would be great.

Thanks,
    Ron

• this is not recommended at all.

users experienced problems following similar 'tips' in the past.

Not to be difficult... but isn't the forum all about sharing user information and experiences (ie, "tips")? That's how other user forums operate.

I understand that some information may be opinion, or actually incorrect. That's an inherent risk of following the advice of others, isn't it?

Sorry to argue the point. I was not expecting this type of response.

• Not to be difficult... but isn't the forum all about sharing user information and experiences (ie, "tips")? That's how other user forums operate.

no, this forum is not about sharing techniques which possibly damage the content of your Profiler.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• And how about saying : using at own risk ? Same goes for the software that a user created for computer editing , if you mess it up don't whine about it !

For me it was nice to see what was inside the kemper incl all the stomp & mods , cabs ...

As of visualization the created backup file on a PC you can do no harm ... changing it and restoring is another thing !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Over the years my RigManager content has grown bigger and bigger. I've got a lot of commercial packs, some own creations and also a lot of free available stuff.
    I try to manage the rigs in folders like I get them from the packs and use a lot the internal favorite and rating system. There was a time when I've tried to sort them by amp type but not for long because for me this says nothing about the sound of a rig. So I don't care about amp brands anymore. I like a sound or don't like a sound. If I like it a lot, than it gets a favorite marker, if I find it somewhat useful than it gets a rating and if I don't like it than I jump to the next one.
    I've got a separate folder/subfolder for production stuff. When I edit a sound on the Kemper in a production or use it for re-amping or something like this I create a folder with the name of the production and save this sound there so I can find it if I need it again or an fx from a production or anything else. I'm highly missing the ability to grab the actual sound direct from the Kemper and save it to the RigManager without saving it internally to the Kemper first.

I do regular content backups from the RigManager and upload them to an own cloud for safety. Because I use the RigManager in different locations like at our rehearsal space, at home or in my studio I've linked the content also directly to a cloud service folder so everything syncs between different workstations.

I've found a way for me to work around with the RigManager but I'm also missing some stuff in there and with many rigs, folders and so on it really starts to slow down and the performance gets worse. It takes a long time to start up and on an older PC (but also not a really slow one) the scrolling through the rigs is very slow.

For me the most important thing was to focus on the sounds I really like and I really use. There is so much stuff around, there is no need to keep everything.

• I'm finding the need to organize better now that I'm adding usable stuff over included content and free rig packs. Not done with these yet, as I'm still finding cool stuff, but at some point I have to do some housekeeping to get to where I want to be without scrolling through hundreds of choices. "Favorites" saves me some time, but even that is growing too large...and I just got my KPA not so long ago.

So I'm also looking for tips to manage Rig Manager.

Phil 8)

• Don't know if that helps anyone, but this is my way of organizing my very big profiles collection.

I wanted a good overview without deleting anything. I achieved that with a deep folder structure (seller-pack/amp...). I also did add folders like "Try" and in an additional subfolder I put sellers / packs that are not so important or are not used often (works a bit like page 1 and page 2).

The down side of this: Search function is not working proper anymore with way over 50000 rigs and deep folder structure.

My "madman" solution for this: I created ONE additional folder called "All" and copied EVERY rig in this place too! 8|
    No subfolders - rigs only here. Copy process takes some tiiiiiiiiime 8) But then voila: In this additional "all-in-folder" the search / tagging function works brilliant again. So best of both worlds for me.

• I just keep all of my profiles in my main local folder and drag the ones I want to use into the Profiler.

Not sure if this is an approved way to do it or not, but it's the way I do it. Mods please approve.

• I was super pleased to be able to save entire performances and then load it into ,y brand new 2nd KPA (rack version) something I could not do with Fractal. Another huge plus for Kemper and easy to do with RM!

• I havent really been using Rig manager to its full potential. I would like to get more organized with my rigs and possibly slim down whats on the profiler knowing I can easily access or add back rigs. I think the thing Im missing most is the clear understanding of what folder structure on the PC translates to what in the rig manager. Not much in The video tutorial on this front. Is there only one folder level allowed in rig manager ?

• I have the profiles on my Kemper which I use for my performances and that's it. I take the rest from the rig manager.
    The folder structure allows you to have 3 subfolders if I remember correct. I do something like this:

-OwnProfiles
    |-AmpName

-Commercial
    |-Vendor
    |--Package

-Production
    |-Artist
    |--Song