New KPA at Musikmesse 2018?

• The KPA has really had no upgrades in processing or input/outputsince it first appeared. With Musikmesse 2018 about to start, will we get a unit with two modeling paths for true stereo output, so you could finally use two profiles at the same time?

And how about sampling rates on the S/PDIF bus up to 96 khz so use with an audio interface isn't constrained to 44.1 khz. A second digital in/out with flexible routing would be a nice added feature too. It would make connection to an out board effects unit a snap.

• The KPA has really had no upgrades in processing or input/outputsince it first appeared. With Musikmesse 2018 about to start, will we get a unit with two modeling paths for true stereo output, so you could finally use two profiles at the same time?

And how about sampling rates on the S/PDIF bus up to 96 khz so use with an audio interface isn't constrained to 44.1 khz. A second digital in/out with flexible routing would be a nice added feature too. It would make connection to an out board effects unit a snap.

Just forget it.

• I have had a KPA since early 2014. I love the way that profiling sounds. But the KPA is losing ground rapidly to Fractal with the FX 3 and Line 6 with the Helix.

My patience is dwindling. If Kemper does not do an upgrade soon, I am going to check out the FX 3.

• Didn't we learn from the Winter NAMM thread?

Clearly I am the only person qualified and capable of predicting this given my 100% success rate with the only other thread which matters and is relevant because I just mentioned it.

Using my extraordinary soothsaying skills and the entrails of a Pod XL I foresee that Kemper will introduce a new T-Shirt to match the existing blackface option.

You're welcome. That will be 100 drachmas.

• My crystal ball tells me that my Kemper setup will sound amazing up until Musikmesse 2018 and will remain so afterward. :)

I also expect that we'll be regularly bestowed with cool new and improved features. I'm also gonna lose it if I don't get a free t-shirt soon. ;)

I hoped for that too but was informed here that's not possible with this version. Well maybe in mkII it will be possible but I'm in no hurry.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I have had a KPA since early 2014. I love the way that profiling sounds. But the KPA is losing ground rapidly to Fractal with the FX 3 and Line 6 with the Helix.

My patience is dwindling. If Kemper does not do an upgrade soon, I am going to check out the FX 3.

Loosing ground rapidly? How? I had plans to purchase an FX but then Kemper came along and I didn't have to wait at least 6 months for it be build either. I'm glad I chose Kemper. No Kemper 2 in sight and FX? Already version 3 and so many sold their FX when FX2 came out. Now i see more want to sell their FX 2. That upgrade hell, I'm glad I don't have to spend that amount of money. Someone is selling his FX 1 for 614$. Seen prices not so much more either. Old FX versions loose their value rapidly. Kemper is still worth all the money it costs. Kemper choosed a better path, free upgrades instead and I think that was a clever decision.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

Somebody better tell Steve Lukather that his alternative to his twin Bogner rig is inferior. :)

• I am pretty sure there is no KPA 2 on the horizon.

If you are a PC tweaker, and that is more important to you than tone, then perhaps the KPA isn't the right tool for the job for you.

I appreciate what the KPA is..... a replacement for a tube amp rig (more than one). It doesn't try to be a competitor to the AxeIIFx on the same terms as the AxeIIFx does. Why should it? What the KPA does, it does better than anything else on the market.

Hopefully we will continue to receive free updates to improve the stomps and verbs. Honestly, aside from that, I can't imagine changing my rig EVER again. I play live with my rig and the KPA gets the job done as well as any tube amp I have ever owned.

I do suspect that at some point in time a floor version of the KPA will be made which is code compatible with the full size unit. I see no technical reason to make a KPA 2.