Using Return input XLR as main input

• I have a Line6 G10 wireless unit which works really well. The KPA picks up some notable but not horrible interference from the jack/jack patch cable that connects the receiver to the front input. It wasn't there at first but I moved the setup a bit and I guess the combination of Mac, powered studio monitor, KPA, G10 is susceptible to some noise. I tried moving some stuff and a different cable but it seems that it's here to stay. Next option was to try the XLR output of the G10 to the XLR return input on the back of the KPA. I changed the input to this and it works beautifully. Absolutely dead silent with the monitors wide open. Then strike a chord and your ears fall off.

So I'm very happy with this setup. But I wanted to make sure that it's ok to use the return input?
    It seems to be there for reamping only. Nowhere on the web, wiki or manual (al least the relevant pages that I found) does it say that you can use this input as a main input.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one to try this though, using a balanced connection coming out of a wireless receiver should be the best option, no?

Thank you kindly for any advice or how using this input may change the KPA functions.

Mukti

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

Edited once, last by MuktiG ().

• Just want to add that I've been recording and A/B'ing both connections and with the adjustment of the 'Reamp Sens' I can't hear a difference between the 2, except for the lack of noise that is. :)

It's also interesting that when the G10 battery is almost empty the led on the receiver starts to pulse. This pulse is audible in the signal chain when using the jack/jack connection, but not on the XLR.

Where my Clean Sens is on 7 dB, my Reamp Sens is on 3,2 for the levels to match. I'm using a vintage style strat for these tests.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Sounds interesting, I’d like to hear what comes of this. I do get noise like high pitch him buzzes from Kemper to DXR so I went to a balanced cable but only for one rehearsal at this point so far so good, I realize that’s the output side of course. But as far as input it’s be nice if this works would help cut out some of the need for the gate periodaclly as well.