Amp in room sound, Hell Yes!

• Today I took the Kemper to my studio and set it up power amp guitar cab set.
    This was less than the highest quality set up, a EH 44 caliber into a bogner cub with a 65 wat celestion.
    Even with that tiny power amp the thig sounded fantastic.
    I can only imagine how good it would sound with a better set up.
    It sounded and felt like an amp in the room and mix well with the other guitar.
    We also had a Pro Jr. In the room so last night I downloaded the Pro Jr. Profile from the exchange.
    We set them up and did the AB, now they were not a perfect match but then again the Pro Jr. Was in a 1x12 pine pro senior cab and the Kemper was running thru the rig listed above.
    The thing is the the Kemper had the sound and vibe of the Pro Jr. But it really did sound bigger and better for me.
    I have had a Pro Jr. Since they first camr out, I dug them but always wished it just sound and feel bigger.
    Well now it can,
    Now I can do this with my old little Supro and my small fender tweeds.
    I can also have the sound and feel of my big amps a a volume that works in today's real life gig environment.
    Today was a fun day.

• Yep, I play DI profiles thru a fratomic amp and evh 5150 4x12 cab all the time. It has all the balls, oomph and in the room sound of the real thing, which is sat right next to it. Its scarily good in this context.
    Will I sell my amps? No. I actually get a kick out of comparing them and smiling smugly to myself. I know that if I sell them I will forget how they sound and I will start to wonder how good the KPA is. Thats just the way I am.
    I have another very expensive modeller sat next to them which, contrary what many ppl will try to tell you (and still try to tell me) whist sounding and feeling really good on its own has nowhere near the cojones or presence of the real amps or the KPA profiles of them.

• Will I sell my amps? No. I actually get a kick out of comparing them and smiling smugly to myself. I know that if I sell them I will forget how they sound and I will start to wonder how good the KPA is. Thats just the way I am.

I hear you, my amps are staying but it will help be not buy any more amps.(I hope)

• Amps are dumb, heavy boxes filled with groaning, intemperate, ancient technology, they make people deaf and have been known to kill a few folk! I'll never own another one. :D

• I got one heck of a great sound going from the KPA monitor send (cab turned off) to an Alesis RA100 into a Marshall 4X12 w/Greenbacks. If they ever decide to make it so you can bypass the cab signal 100% it will go from great to HOLY GRAIL TONE. :thumbup: I tried using the effects return of various amps to test their power section, but they always seemed to color the sound too much. I guess since the Alesis is designed to be a studio reference monitor (albeit a cheap one), it seems to give me more of a true representation of the sound.

I'm dying to get this out onstage and see if it sound as good live as it does in the room.