Kemper 2 expectations

• I believe a foor Kemper will happen, I'm pretty sure CK is a very smart guy and can see the trend and success of all in one floor units and how close they're getting to the Kemper in amp sounds and with really good effects.. I own a Kemper rack and Axe II, but just ordered a Gt -1000, because of it's size, perfect for fly gigs, obvioulsy the amp sounds won't beat the Kemper, but get the job done .. Like me I'm sure many need the same.. Fractal can't built enough AX8's to meet the demand.. Helix's are doing really well I'm sure, see them on stages everywhere, think a Kemper floor unit would do really well for gigs.

• I would love a floor unit if I could throw all of my rigs and cabinets from my present Kemper on it, But I really love this remote configuration which I doubt they could do with a floor unit, although maybe they could…
    I guess anything is possible

• Please don’t be troubled by me expressing an opposing opinion. I have zero sway at Kemper. And btw, I reserve the right to purchase that imaginary device (although I doubt I would).

But if there was ever a sign that CK was interested in creating a floor version, any shred of evidence, wouldn’t there have been some sign by now, some clue?

My hopes and concerns are more in line with Kemper continuing to develop their current device, or if necessary and productive, from a core musical functionality perspective, to release a second version. On the other hand, convincing Kemper to do something that he/they obviously didn’t plan or want to do from day one, that’s not a campaign that interests me.

All I'm doing is expressing my wishes for either a Kemper 2 and/or a floorboard version of the current one. No campaign going on here. If anything, it should give Mr. Kemper a good insight on what people want. As already mentioned, Line 6 and Fractal are doing extremely well with their floor units. I see no reason why Kemper wouldn't do just as good, unless it wasn't priced competitively. FOR ME, it is much easier to take the Helix to gigs, which is the reason why I don't bring the Kemper outside of the studio anymore. Otherwise I would be using the Kemper instead, cause I love how it sounds. This is why a floorboard version of the Kemper would be amazing to have as well.

That said, it does bother me when someone (not necessarily me, btw) expresses their wishes, and others are not understanding of them. Like, at least try to put yourself in their shoes and see why what they're asking would be beneficial for a good portion of people instead of simply dismissing it just because it wouldn't be beneficial to YOU. People can be so selfish, man. If it's not gonna serve you, than just don't buy it (ignore it/move on/etc). Don't need dual profiles? Don't use it. Don't need a floorboard version or a Kemper 2? Don't buy it. Seriously, it's that simple! It's not like your current Kemper is gonna work worse than it has been already.

I see people in various forums ask for stuff I would probably never use and I don't go out of my way to say "Well, that's totally useless to me. I rather they work on such and such feature instead." On the contrary, I see their feature request just as valuable as mine. And if not, I still respect their wishes. That's because I don't assume that our needs are the same. Everyone uses the same tools differently, so we need to be understanding of each other. Plus, as you correctly put it, neither you (nor I) have any sway at Kemper. All we can do is state our wishes (preferably without outright dismissing other people's wishes) and hope they are listening. That is all.

• At least in my case, you misconstrued me. I don’t dismiss anyone’s wants or hopes or expectations. But why should what one user wants stop another user from rooting for this small company to direct its energies and limited resources toward work that addresses his hopes and expectations? That user doesn’t have to buy the floorboard that you want, just like he doesn’t have to use the editor that I want. But he has every right to say what features he’d rather see them devote their energies to developing.

I have zero problems with people stating what they want/need (even if it is something I won’t use). But when you say “...he has every right to say what features he’d rather see them devote their energies to developing.”, you are literally saying “Please focus on MY wants/needs and not that other guy’s”. That’s the selfish part I refer to.

All I’m saying is, state your wants/needs and let the people at Kemper decide what to implement or not. After all they’re the ones with the final word. You do have every right to say what features you wish to see implemented, but don’t diminish other people’s wishes. And yes, stating that a floorboard version, or a computer editor, or dual profiles or whatever it may be, is useless to YOUR way of working is indeed diminishing other people’s wishes.

Hopefully this makes more sense :)

• At least in my case, you misconstrued me. I don’t dismiss anyone’s wants or hopes or expectations. But why should what one user wants stop another user from rooting for this small company to direct its energies and limited resources toward work that addresses his hopes and expectations? That user doesn’t have to buy the floorboard that you want, just like he doesn’t have to use the editor that I want. But he has every right to say what features he’d rather see them devote their energies to developing.

I tried several times to explain this to several guys who don't get the difference between "requesting" and "pretending" but I have given up on this.

I wish you nevertheless good luck with your efforts..

Anyway..

Last Saturday I had a recording job in a studio in the afternoon and afterwards in the evening a small "support" gig for a singer/songwriter in a small club.In both cases things developed spontaneous (got the phone calls a hour before the jobs) and really fast,no time for tweakings or rehearsals.Rushed in the studio/on stage plugged in the KPA into the DAW/small foh and got the jobs done..

As always the comments about the KPA were the same as ever..two words:"Nice tool!"

I never had a piece of gear that was received ALWAYS that positive.Till yet not a single negative comment.

What ever any Kemper 2 will look like I hope it continues this "nice tool"-philosophy which supports musicians who really love music in any kind of stressy and difficult situations.

• I think a lot of frustration is based on Kemper does not comment.

I don't think it has anything to do with "not taking seriously," but it just doesn't make sense for them discussing undefeated eggs.
    It would open Pandoras Box if they have to defend every decision regarding why or why not something will be developed

• I think a lot of frustration is based on Kemper does not comment.

I don't think it has anything to do with "not taking seriously," but it just doesn't make sense for them discussing undefeated eggs.
    It would open Pandoras Box if they have to defend every decision regarding why or why not something will be developed

I respectfully disagree that it doesn't make sense for them to engage in meaningful, transparent and honest dialogue with their customers. In fact, quite the opposite is now a growing, strong philosophical movement in certain factions of the U.S. enterprise-level IT sector. (User-centered development; customer engagement; product ownership and management) That doesn't mean sharing trade-secrets, BTW. But, when you engage your customer in an honest, two-way dialogue about what their needs are and how you are attempting to meet them, it has been proven that it builds trust and loyalty.Its clear that the Kemper does enjoy a (sometimes blindly as in my personal case) loyal customer base but the level of discourse and discord over some subjects makes it clear that many folks are either opening, or keeping their eyes open as to what is really going on and what their real alternatives are. (I guess you might call that 'common-sense consumerism' or something?)

Telling me when you attempt to try and meet my needs and why it failed and you can't accomplish something - or that you are not going to do something - goes a lot further than radio silence letting me wonder if you ever did try to do something, or if you ever plan on trying to do something. I suppose the Kemper approach IS working since this is somewhat of a proprietary, niche technology, but it certainly flies in the face of some current norms and trends that are prevalent in larger circles. In a large sense they appear to be relying on 'word-of-mouth' to get their word out but right now, as is in my case, the number of critics appears to be growing.

YMMV

• I respectfully disagree that it doesn't make sense for them to engage in meaningful, transparent and honest dialogue with their customers.

No Problem - thank God we still live in a free society with different people and opinions. :)

I see no contradiction between a meaningful, transparent and honest dialogue and not participating in a forum set up for customers and where customers communicate with customers.

I think it is principle good that the company does not get involved in discussions on specific topics.
    I like the forum but I do not see it as a business communication base with the company Kemper.
    My only relationship with Kemper is based only on the purchase of one of their products from a dealer and enjoying the excellent support and free updates

That one can even deposit wishes and suggestions to the manufacturer I see positively.
    I am thinking of an analogy that suits me - in many companies there is a heartbreak box for suggestions, complaints etc. without expectation of personal answer.

I do not want to comment on the economic theories you mentioned, because I do not have much theoretical knowledge for this topic. But I don't see any relevance to the subject matter either.

I think an apparently growing number of critics is more a product of a communication bubble in the current social media, which also makes it easier to see one's own emotions reflected.

It doesn't seem to be congruent with the sales figures.

• Well, sure, you might deem it good in principle that a company not get involved in discussions on specific topics, though based on the number of topics he's commented on, Christoph might disagree.

Can you imagine that CK is happy to serve as an unquestioned witness to this dispute? I can't.

• Can you imagine that CK is happy to serve as an unquestioned witness to this dispute? I can't.

I don't know about this thread, but CK doesn't seem to have any qualms about involving himself in specific / random topics. Maybe this issue isn't that important to him.

• Right - I am not sure that I said what I wanted to say clearly, and I think you make some good counter-points regardless, but... when you say' doesn't seem to be congruent with sales figures', I think that is not a correlation that can be drawn since nothing has changed. It doesn't mean that Kemper is selling any better - or worse - than if they were doing something different, until they do something different. Just that they are selling, which we would all admit, is good. What I am trying to say, probably unsuccessfully, is that its possible that doing things somewhat differently might result in better customer satisfaction, which in turn, would reflect in increased sales, both directly or indirectly - based upon trends I am observing in other markets. Probably a moot point.

• i always try to remember that complaints about Kemper are much like those that bands get. Social media and the internet in general do not represent the silent majority and seem like more than they are in reality.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7