Kemper 2 expectations

• Hi, I’m new and from the Fractal side ;)

But I really want to buy a Kemper. But to be honest I bought and AxeFX2 and just 8 months later AxeFXIII is coming and if I had to choose I would have wait for this new one. (Just resold Ax2 and on the waiting list for Ax3... wasted 800€)

Remembering Fractal team telling everybody on the forum that they didn’t have ANYTHING in the pipelines, and AxeFX2 would be here for 10 years before and update, claiming TigerSharc DSP stock were enough to feed one generation of guitarists ;)

Si now I want a Kemper 2 with plenty of novelties, editor, iOS app (even Fractal is working on official app for unhappy third party french app at €50!!), better effects and dsp power for them and innovation, bigger screen etc...

The question is would you wait or buy a Kemper 1 wich is old for a piece of technology?

• Hi :)

The far beyond average lifecycle of the KPA is only one reason so many users stick to theirs. The majority of users don't expect (and don't hope for) a KPA 2 in the near future. That being said, noone can guarantee.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I do not know if there is any confirmation that kemper 2 will be released, in fact i like hardwares that exists since ages and did not lost their value... It is a risk, one can buy a kemper and next day a new kemper can be released but i do not think that will happen without any previous advise

• The question is would you wait or buy a Kemper 1 wich is old for a piece of technology?

What is "old" to begin with? If a specific technology is considered pretty much perfect then there's no need to consider it old (in a bad way).
    Play a vintage 1959 Fender Bassman and tell me if it sounds "old" compared to a new reissue model.
    Play a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard and tell me if it sounds "old" compared to the brand new Gibson Les Paul Standards.

If you happen to board the Kemper Cruise Ship then you should get used to the term "longevity". Here the bananas don't get cut while they're still green. The fruit is allowed to grow and grow and get even tastier over time. Enjoy it.

• What do you want the Kemper for? Good sound will remain the same for next xx years (I am not sure how long the hardware will last, 20+ years? I have a 69 Plexi which still works very well).

• Not sure what your question is?

Is there a Kemper 2 planned? No one on this forum knows.

Do we want a Kemper 2? Personally no, there is very little hardware wise I want changed that warrants a new unit. Some people do but my focus is on a live tool, which for me is near perfect.

Is the Kemper old tech? As it easily hangs with anything else I think not, but that's a subjective view.

Is it infuriating when companies bring out revised models, making you wish you'd not bought the old one? Yes, and thankfully Kemper don't currently have that approach, meaning my KPA is as valid now as it was 3 years ago when I bought it. I would be annoyed if I'd gone Fractal..

• Yeah, it’s always nice to get the latest and greatest, but like cell phones, usually the next version doesn’t really have anything really different. The AX2 to 3, I don’t think the sounds have changed, but the connectivity and brain power is more, if you even need that, and the form factor is better. The Kemper 1 overall is hard to find anything wrong at all, it all works, so I really don’t think you can go wrong with getting what’s out there now. It doesn’t have an editor right now, but if one comes out, even with a Kemper 2, might still be retro. I would just get a Kemper now and not worry about it.

• Remembering Fractal team telling everybody on the forum that they didn’t have ANYTHING in the pipelines, and AxeFX2 would be here for 10 years before and update, claiming TigerSharc DSP stock were enough to feed one generation of guitarists

That's not what was said. In 2016, Cliff had stated that they hadn't even started working on an Axe FX III and that they expected to continue making the Axe FX II for a couple more years. It was true at the time that they hadn't started working on an Axe FX III.

• I used to want a Lamborghini Diablo when I was a kid, now I want a bugatti veyron. I have neither. If I had the Diablo and sold it to get a Lamborghini gallardo, but was thinking about getting the bugatti veyron but was worried about bugatti releasing a new car (which they did) and I was stuck with the Veyron, I'd be ok with that. Would you?

• The question is would you wait or buy a Kemper 1 wich is old for a piece of technology?

get k1...there won't be k2 since k1 is already the best. What's the point, this being the reality, to design a k2?

If I was Kteam I wouldn't even think about a k2 having the market the actual model...

just my 2 eurocents

p.s.: k1 is not old in no way! we are talking about tone here...would you consider old the tone achiveable with a jtm45? it is old because it was produced decades ago but the tone is incomparable

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I used to want a Lamborghini Diablo when I was a kid, now I want a bugatti veyron. I have neither. If I had the Diablo and sold it to get a Lamborghini gallardo, but was thinking about getting the bugatti veyron but was worried about bugatti releasing a new car (which they did) and I was stuck with the Veyron, I'd be ok with that. Would you?

Nah =O , never a Lamborghini ;( ....
    A Ferrari 308 GTS , (ala Magnum PI) , is another matter entirely . 8)<3<3 .... but , that will never happen for me either :S .
    But , never mind me , carry on with the KPA 2 thead :thumbup: ....

I also think a KPA 2 won't happen any time soon either. :thumbup:

• I would like to see a multi-input device like the Axe 3, so a different routing for each string would be possible.

ADT -> would be easy to get, but very basic application for it.

• I would think a floor unit would come out before a Kemper 2, if anything. The KPA can handle everything as they added new firmware updates with new delays, etc... Many have been waiting for reverbs too which will probably come in the form of a firmware update as well.

~ Marc.