Kemper 2 expectations

• Thats a bit delusional, defending the shortfalls is kinda my point there....£1179...such a bargain. You forgot to factor in the expense of buying an audio interface to actually record it and buying a real amp to profile it. Learning how to build an editor from scratch....Wasted time is wasted money. This puts the final cost to tape way way higher than £1179.
    Mr Kemper just makes the consumer do all the leg work so he doesn't have to. The hardware is consumer and feature limited but the price is a premium and has the community expecting more.

Here we go again...

Its not defending shortfalls as fanatics, its discussing what is useful and what is not.

For some, an editor is really important. I would really like an editor one, but its not essential and doesn't make it behind. I knew what I was buying ( understanding no product is perfect) and still think its good value for money. I think £1200 is good value for what you get. Suggesting you have to buy an audio device just for the Kemper is also delusional....no vocals or other instruments then?

There are very few blind fanatics on this forum, most people are happy to discuss shortcomings.

Unfortunately the tone has changed from requests for improvement, which we all want healthy debate, to flat criticism ( e.g. claims that Kemper is now behind the competition as the main one).

BTW having just had issues with multiple audio devices via USB, I can also vouch that ASIOALL is not the answer...

• You mean the same necessity for remote access they had for decades (and still have) when recording tube amps?

People who record with tube amps don't have to worry about multi-page parameters, scrolling through 15+ pages of effects presets or accessing sub-menus.

I'm not against an editor by any means but at the same time I need to state that it was / is YOUR decision not to have the Profiler within arms reach, not Christoph Kemper's, not ours. If it harms your workflow then just change the position of the Profiler to make it convenient for you, it's as simple as that.

It's only that simple if you're a home user, though obviously Christoph Kemper recognized the convenience of being able to manage profiles remotely, which is why Rig Manager was developed. The KPA is touted as a perfect fit for all purposes, both for home and studio use, however it's completely unrealistic to expect a studio to have all of their gear within arms reach, which is one reason numerous engineers have switched to mixing ITB; it's more convenient, and advances in plugin quality have made it a viable alternative.

• Nobody is forced to use the KPA as it is.
    It is legitimate to wish an editor, but not to explain that it is a must.

Well, nobody is forced to play music in general, and obviously Kemper has ultimate say over what gets developed, but who are you to tell others what they should or shouldn't consider a necessity?

• Here they come frothing at the mouth...dont insult the precious Kemper...

In before this joker is banned.

• Wow!
    (Sarcasm alert:) We should be glad then that all the pro's using the Kemper don't care if they are are labeled 'consumer' by a single guy on the Kemper forum.

• Wow!(Sarcasm alert:) We should be glad then that all the pro's using the Kemper don't care if they are are labeled 'consumer' by a single guy on the Kemper forum.

Personally, I don't care if it's powered by a hamster on a wheel as long as it does what I need it to do.

• BTW, thanks Mr. Kemper for unlocking the sample rate limitation! That was one of the things I mentioned on my list of features earlier in this thread for the Kemper 2, but now it is available in the current version.

Much appreciated!

• Well after learning all the short cuts (MBritt's video and other users, usb keyboard, locking cabs etc) then creating performances, every thing i have is ready with a flick of a toe (on the remote, i need hands for beer) did not take me long to learn the short cuts to create performances. :)

So mean time i had a beer and stand by below , but if you really want an editor for kemper 2, try too learn the short cuts mean time as life is not as bad ok? :) . respect.

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0akhfkrf12ew87/what-if-i-told-you-you-dont-need-an-editor-only-beer-and-a-wrist.jpg?dl=1]

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I just wanted to add that it is mind boggling that people say they don’t want a new kemper because its not needed. Really???? Cmon.

Yeah, it’s the best- no doubt. But seriously???

It’s dated. Fx and drives are weak. Form factor can be improved. Eq and gain structure can be modeled better. Some don’t want to capture their own sounds so there’s functionality that could be removed (I understand that’s the point but, I don’t really need it nor do I want to spend time doing so). And the file management absolutely needs a revamp. Plus it embarrassingly ugly.

I love the kemper but cmon, it’s tech not a vintage piece of gear. Well, kind of vintage

• It is tiresome seeing people on here attack valid topics with fluff to try and get the topic to go away. I can't wait for a new Kemper or finally and editor so I can watch the naysayers to fight to get to the front of the line. ;)

Kemper 2? With an editor, the face panel could really be streamlined and not need so many controls. Maybe even a 2U unit? ;) How about optional color face plates? Aesthetics is always fun to have.

To compete with AXE? A HUGE LED display, touch sensitive! :) Why the hell not, that would really be star wars. Dream big.

• Well, nobody is forced to play music in general, and obviously Kemper has ultimate say over what gets developed, but who are you to tell others what they should or shouldn't consider a necessity?

You can consider what you want, but no one should state it's a must. Because that's not true.

Please read carefully what I wrote, before you submit an unnecessary reply.

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• The debate is not if a new Kemper would be a good thing, but what improvements it would bring.

My view is I don't care about touch screens, I care about sound and less about functions ( yes I know the 2 are not totally separate).

If a new Kemper gives me this, great, I will want one. If its just adding what I consider bells and whistles, no thanks...more importantly I would be concerned it will divert focus away from sound improvements on existing KPA.

No-one I believe is saying that its perfect and don't want improvements, the view is on where we would like Kemper to focus their efforts as we assume they can't do everything. If they have maxed out the processing power of the exiting unit and can make great improvements with new hardware, bring it on...

There are simply two sides to this debate:

Improve the current KPA
    The KPA needs to be updated to make improvements.

When someone shows me that the basic sound cannot be improved based upon the hardware, then I'm fully behind a KPA2

I currently have no other hardware limitations that I care about.

• Yeah to that brother, learn ALL the tricks of the current profiler FIRST (DAM IT), practice ..(me ATM i am doing 8 finger sweep tapping plus beer) STOP pissing as many can piss further
    chase pussy ...[dont forget too] RELAX.

AND play MORE
    Dam it.

I leave any thing out?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.