Kemper 2 expectations

• Nobody is perfect :)
    The rest of your mail is hard but honest ;)

I don't think other users or potential newcomers could be discouraged.You can share the criticism or argue against it, but it should be allowed to express a contra opinion.

Since Kemper prefers not to comment on such criticism, no one other needs to attempt censorship here.

But the thread title is Kemper 2 Expectations. That creates the assumption that a new Kemper is imminent. CK has commented in this thread btw.

• This sort of circular conversation only serves to create FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) which potentially can scare someone who's in the fence on whether to buy a product or wait. Who does that benefit? Hint: the competition.
    I've seen this tactic employed with many products throughout my lifetime.
    At this point Im starting to question the motives of some of the posters. Sorry if that comes off as a hot take and please don't be easily offended if your intentions are genuine. Just my observation.

No offense taken, but since you asked directly after my post, I will answer that I have exactly two motives:

1) To hopefully convince Kemper to fix the issue(s) since it is core functionality and not a feature.
    2) To educate other musicians who may well want to consider an alternative.

I could care less about the product competition. My time is very valuable, and I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to learn, adapt and coerce this technology to do something that at face value, and by any normal understanding, it should be able to do. Yet it can't. And, even though a few years ago Mr. Kemper himself said that they recognized and acknowledged these issues and would fix them, I have recently learned from one of their forum representatives that this is now considered part of the Kemper philosophy and will not be addressed. Unfathomable, but there you have it.

If I save someone who values their time as I do, similar amounts of time by sharing information, than it is a good thing. I can say that right now, at this point in time, if I knew then what I know now, I would have invested in something else. I cannot achieve what I want to achieve with the Kemper without it becoming a severe drain on my time with constant manual updating. I'd rather be playing music than twisting knobs, but YMMV

• But the thread title is Kemper 2 Expectations. That creates the assumption that a new Kemper is imminent. CK has commented in this thread btw.

My impression was that you're more referring to Flyingheelhook's criticism.

For me a discussion about the Kemper 2 is not so useful but also not dangerous.

It just gives some the opportunity to declare long-cherished wishes, which otherwise would not be discussed at all at the moment.
    CK has commented that wishes are welcome and would be taken seriously, but he will not comment this topics.

• The sound, and then its many conveniences, and sure so many professionals' commitment to using it versus any other digital solution, this should all outweigh any concerns potentially exacerbated by what active, committed users express in a forum thread devoted to the future of the Kemper. That said, it's not our job to protect or generate sales of this (incredibly successful) product. I can't relate to anyone who commits to a gear decision based on anything other than firsthand use. I've bought and sold so many things along the way, almost always at a "loss", so that I would know. Most everything else, opinions, demo vids, etc etc, it's mostly just static. YMMV

• This sort of circular conversation only serves to create FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) which potentially can scare someone who's in the fence on whether to buy a product or wait. Who does that benefit? Hint: the competition.
    I've seen this tactic employed with many products throughout my lifetime.
    At this point Im starting to question the motives of some of the posters. Sorry if that comes off as a hot take and please don't be easily offended if your intentions are genuine. Just my observation.

rocknroll history is short (just a few decades) but if some lesson is learned for sure is that controversy sells... ;)

This is specially true for the product we talk about.Take for example all the talk about the editor...no tube-rig guy who thinks about to leave his heavy tube amp/cabinet & a dozen of pedals at home and to make his life on stage and in the studio easier with a digital tool will like to imagine himself with a laptop on stage.This is for sure..these kind of guys (which are most likely still 90% of all guitar players) will hear someone saying that the Kemper is the best sounding digital modeller but the only one with no editor and he will think that this is exactly what he is looking for..

The "competition" must very very stupid to create FUD about this kind of issue...but who knows.. :D

• Does that help?

Yes, thank you, 'Hookster. ;)

Effects presets are stored in their entirety within Rigs, as you'd know, and this is the norm for the many, many synths I've used over the decades, so I'd expect this sort of behaviour.

A solution for your issue, however, could be Kemper's creation of something I've never seen or heard of before ~ the option, after edits are made to a preset, to store it as either a "conventional" or a "floating" one.

Obviously, the "floating-preset" option would allow any Rig that employed that particular preset to automatically update to the most-recently-saved version of it when it's called up.

Would this solve the headache?

• There is, one should say, a difference between things I WANT and things I actually “need”.

I’d like a second switchable storable hardware effects loop.
    And a needle tuner option

But ‘need’ is another story.

• Why would you need to take an editor on stage?

It's value is in the studio.

I agree 100%.
    Nobody build his sound on stage.
    But to tweak and to manage Rigs, Presets, Cabs and documentation - an editor would be a great tool.

For me it would be great to have a floorboard (with less parameter to edit - Volume,Pan, EQ) for Gigs and the Toaster with Editor for home or rehearsal.

• Why would you need to take an editor on stage?

It's value is in the studio.

I would even go as far as saying that an editor is only usefully in a "home recording studio" where I have all the time to try different cabs,tweak a half dozen FX and the only difficult person to squeeze my @@ because of "time" is me myself & I.. ;)

• I would like an editor just to help set up for live...its not something to have connected permanently but to make it quicker and easier to make changes in prep for live shows.

I don;t use mine in a studio environment but I still see a valuable use for one, especially if you can set up the remote as well...

Edited once, last by V8guitar ().

• I would even go as far as saying that an editor is only usefully in a "home recording studio" where I have all the time to try different cabs,tweak a half dozen FX and the only difficult person to squeeze my @@ because of "time" is me myself & I..

I think even professional studios would be happy about an editor. ^^

• I think even professional studios would be happy about an editor. ^^

Yes my friend..an editor could not do harm even in a professional studio..it is just that most top studios would most likely not use for example any complex FX from a guitar modeller..they would use in 99% of all cases their state of the art FX from protools etc..
    Also as usefully as the editor would be for trying a lots of different cabs/IRs..stuff like this is still time consuming..now we talk about pro studios which do really big acts which don't need to look at the costs..and logically this means they would have no problem to bring in a dozen tube rigs "just for trying" a lots of amps and cabs with a top producer (again big money) choosing the sounds for the production..

In the end it comes all down to € & $.

In most situations the editor would be nice for musicians which try to get the best result by working/tweaking their ass off to achieve the best possible result by trying "everything possible" for a rather long period of time.

In the end it comes all down to € & $.

In most situations the editor would be nice....

And a thread like this is free market research. A huge base of the customers are requesting an editor in addition to dual amps etc whatever their requests are. Another bottom line is Kemper is a digital device and will always be compared to other digital devices. What you read here should be read as suggestions that could be of help to Kemper as a company navigate the quickly evolving digital guitar market. What was great two years ago and demanded premium price, today can be done with a fraction of the cost.

I just purchased an IR loader that includes a DI box that comes with an editor for around $200 It also has power amp simulation just in case you need to use Preamps. When I plug the outs of my tube amps into it and go through the mixer, the tube amp sounds more satisfying than any digital device. I can shoot an IR of my speaker cabinets and they sound identical to the mike position.

So call it Kemper 2 or whatever, this thread can be very useful to Kemper.. It can be seen as relevant to competition and competitors, but you can't escape the changing and evolving market. Kemper is in constant need of new customers for even basic survival. If Kemper 2 does happen, in the form of a new product or even a hardware upgrade to current configuration, many of those customers will be from current customer base also, so their suggestions can be of huge value.

• In most situations the editor would be nice for musicians which try to get the best result by working/tweaking their ass off to achieve the best possible result by trying "everything possible" for a rather long period of time.

Yep!
    Actually, I can only speak from a musician's point of view anyway.

But I assume that amps and cabs setting also make sense for professional studios. Effects probably less.
    Reasonable management could be in great demand here.

• Maybe? Right now I am stepping away from it for a while playing acoustic and tube amp - hoping that coming back with a fresh approach might yield better results. Still, not interested in wasting as much time as I have in the past so the M13 might have to fill the gap.