Kemper 2 expectations

• I think that's what I was trying to say.. i.e. agreeing with Sharry that things are progressing but that the basic needs may not go away quickly.

I hate tap dancing, but I also I can;t see myself playing to a click track just yet - my timing is too bad :). In the same way I think ( but don;t know 'cos its not gonna happen) I would ever rely on a guitar tech to change sounds for me...sometimes you need a bit of flex...but hey, I'm an old duffer :)

BTW Evertune concept is great...who would not want to stay in tune...

• I think that's what I was trying to say.. i.e. agreeing with Sharry that things are progressing but that the basic needs may not go away quickly.
    I hate tap dancing, but I also I can;t see myself playing to a click track just yet - my timing is too bad :). In the same way I think ( but don;t know 'cos its not gonna happen) I would ever rely on a guitar tech to change sounds for me...sometimes you need a bit of flex...but hey, I'm an old duffer :)

BTW Evertune concept is great...who would not want to stay in tune...

If only Evertune could make an adjustment between standard and drop tuning.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• If only Evertune could make an adjustment between standard and drop tuning.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... and back on topic.

I feel that when the Kemper originally came out, it was years ahead of the competition.

It still is now, but the gap is noticeably smaller.

The Kemper 2 needs to change the ballgame altogether again. I would be most interested in seeing if there are improvements to the profiling process.

Don't know what these would be, maybe multiple profiles across different gain stages and settings of an amp in order to create a complete clone of the amp. That would be a biggie for me.

• I agree that any improvements in the profiling area - I saw a few problems with profiling amps with noise gates?

Profiling pedals I think would be a big step for those who love Tube screamers, OCD's etc..

Lots of people want dual amps too so I think thats useful

• I feel that when the Kemper originally came out, it was years ahead of the competition.

It still is now, but the gap is noticeably smaller.

The gap is almost non-existent. In the last 2 years I've sold a number of unpowered KPAs on Reverb and have never had a problem getting ~$1500 for them. I'm selling one now and I can't get an offer over $1250, with most $1100-1200. Insane...

But it's a little more evidence as to the KPAs perceived value -- or lack thereof.

This is a long way of saying the KPA2 (or new firmware) better "bring it."

• Mixing from stage becomes quite impossible when the mixer can't be located next to you .... like if you are one of the front men. Making small changes between songs, or even within a song on a tablet that is mounted on your mic stand is really the only option IM

With a FOH engineer I only need to handle my own monitor/IEM and a tablet is fine for that. I also use a tablet for mixing when space is an issue, but for 90% of gigs I do have space for a full-size console beside me. Granted, it won't work for a vocalist front-man, but that has never been my role.

• Sure. The floor-model was not on my mind when making the comment

That makes sense then ;)

The gap is almost non-existent. In the last 2 years I've sold a number of unpowered KPAs on Reverb and have never had a problem getting ~$1500 for them. I'm selling one now and I can't get an offer over $1250, with most $1100-1200. Insane...

But it's a little more evidence as to the KPAs perceived value -- or lack thereof.

This is a long way of saying the KPA2 (or new firmware) better "bring it."

Not sure what the KPA2 could "bring" to actually make the product worthy of a new design cycle.

Sure, the price of an existing model will decline with age; however, this is usually due to the fact that once the engineering and development cost is paid off, the company usually starts lowering the MAP on the product to increase sales further.

When I purchased my KPA, I believe that MAP was ~ $2200 for the non-power amp rack. A quick look around the web now shows MAP has been reduced to ~$1800. It is understandably difficult to sell a used item for only 17% below the price of a new one.

The X32 mixers were originally released at >$3000. MAP is around $2000. It doesn't mean that the product can't hold its own any more, it simply means they are selling more units for less money to maximize profit.

• Well, seems like a Kemper 2 (or some type of hardware revision) is NOT out of the question like some of you think:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It made me happy to hear Mr. Kemper say that he is interested in component profiling, which will definitively require a hardware upgrade. Looking forward to whenever that happens (hopefully not too far off).

• Well, seems like a Kemper 2 (or some type of hardware revision) is NOT out of the question like some of you think:

It made me happy to hear Mr. Kemper say that he is interested in component profiling, which will definitively require a hardware upgrade. Looking forward to whenever that happens (hopefully not too far off).

Mr Kemper is so accommodating in this video! I love it! Look at the amount of time they took to set up!

I wonder what he thinks of all the grubby users on this site always clamouring for "more, more, more"!

Thanks for being so cool, Mr @ckemper!

12:24 future of Kemper, where Mr Christoph also talks about upwards compatibility
    16:20 new overdrives on horizon
    19:30 Kemper profiling itself = for example EQ, Overdrive in profile, to be profiled for new profile to free up a slots - nice idea!
    24:20 talk about editor, no estimates so far

• 16:20 new overdrives on horizon
    19:30 Kemper profiling itself = for example EQ, Overdrive in profile, to be profiled for new profile to free up a slots - nice idea!

Thank you and you're welcome LOL :thumbup:
    I was super nervous and kind a started rambling and repeating myself haha very cool peeps!

• Me too. But honestly, I’d prefer to swap out the processor for added functionality. I don’t need more hardware connections, just a bit more flexibility inside, such as grouping effects presets in to a single stomp or fx slot (for less compromise where number of effects are concerned). I for one don’t hope for endless routing possibilities since in my experience the greatest tones have come from relatively simple signal chains. That even includes David Gilmore on the Animals tour. Mind-blowing, simple guitar tone elevated by a singular musical voice.

Also, I hate the idea of a landscape littered with abandoned Kemper “1”’s.

ymmv

• Me too. But honestly, I’d prefer to swap out the processor for added functionality. I don’t need more hardware connections, just a bit more flexibility inside, such as grouping effects presets in to a single stomp or fx slot (for less compromise where number of effects are concerned). I for one don’t hope for endless routing possibilities since in my experience the greatest tones have come from relatively simple signal chains. That even includes David Gilmore on the Animals tour. Mind-blowing, simple guitar tone elevated by a singular musical voice.

Also, I hate the idea of a landscape littered with abandoned Kemper “1”’s.

ymmv

Don't think there's a danger of that. With reverbs coming, I think if anyone is discarding of a Kemper 1 at a throwaway price, I will jump on it. My biggest demand at this point is stereo profiles. If the cost of buying a Kemper 2 is more than a Kemper 1, it's a dead simple decision.

Of course, that's assuming there isn't some kind of fundamental change to the Kemper. I'm not sure what that would be. I, for one, am glad that the processing power is more than I thought it was. The damn thing runs on love for all I know!