Kemper 2 expectations

• I love my Kemper and frankly can’t see how it could be improved tone wise...
    But i would buy a smaller unit that could be controlled from a phone app... with today’s technology it could fit in a pedal size unit tbh... no need for nobs, just a phone app... half the price...

• I am extremely happy with the new spring reverb and looking forward to the new reverb expansions and later improved distortion boxes. I honestly don't see a need for a Kemper 2 any time soon. I think what would sell like hotcakes is a half price device that would play maybe five profiles in a floorboard format with basic editing and connectivity.

• Now that I just thought of it (well, some of it, most of the credit goes to @Monkey_Man for the other topic).

Kemper please make the K2 a KSB (Kemper Stomp Box) on which I can load a few actual Kemper profiles and it has a stereo DI out as awesome as the toaster has.

Small, no effects, just a few profiles with like two switches, say pass-through and kickass 8o .

"Kickass" would be like a channel change on an amp, or really a rig change in a Performance.

If you had something like this, all of us simple bass dudes would add to cart on this asap.

• "Kickass" would be like a channel change on an amp, or really a rig change in a Performance.

No effects would kill the whole idea with a small portable gigging device.
    You want as much stuff cramped into a small box

Just look here at the new HX Stomp:
    You can do pretty much EVERYTHING with essential this. Pretty much everything maybe except you may have to add your own wah pedal.

[Blocked Image: https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/line6-hx-stomp-modelling-effekt-770x425.jpg]

However, Mooer Preamp Live has exactly what you would need, I guess.
    But the limitation of no effects, I think kills it for most people who wants a "all in one box"
    [Blocked Image: https://image.4sound.com/m/339804/mooer-preamp-live-1.jpg]

• Has there been any hints as to a Kemper Stand-Alone floor unit like the Helix and AX8? I know that this is the #1 requested thing and people get tired of the threads asking, but in light of the Helix Stomp HX, decided I would bring it up again.

I want to get a Kemper but with Fractal and Helix releasing cool new units everyday, it makes me look at all the cool toys like the new Helix Stomp thing they released last week.

• Has there been any hints as to a Kemper Stand-Alone floor unit like the Helix and AX8? I know that this is the #1 requested thing and people get tired of the threads asking, but in light of the Helix Stomp HX, decided I would bring it up again.

I want to get a Kemper but with Fractal and Helix releasing cool new units everyday, it makes me look at all the cool toys like the new Helix Stomp thing they released last week.

As I recall, when Kemper were last asked this, the reply was something along the line of "well, we'd have to be stupid not to, right?".

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• No effects would kill the whole idea with a small portable gigging device.

Maybe. However what I am saying is new box on your already existing pedal board. So you keep everything you have plus you add the Kemper Stomp Box.

That way you get the profiles that you like - you don't have to learn and program another device like the Line6 one. You still get to go to the mixer directly. You could still get an effects loop and maybe even a monitor out from the new box.

• As I recall, when Kemper were last asked this, the reply was something along the line of "well, we'd have to be stupid not to, right?".

This gives me hope! And honestly this little bit of hope makes me want to research Kemper saying this.... was this recent? Do you have the link to the quote? I would love to pore through the responses to try to comb some sort of information on expectation date hahhahhahhah

• This gives me hope! And honestly this little bit of hope makes me want to research Kemper saying this.... was this recent? Do you have the link to the quote? I would love to pore through the responses to try to comb some sort of information on expectation date hahhahhahhah

Don't get your hopes up, at least not within any timeframe. I wanna say that at the January Namm this was said. So it's possible that they have plans to do this at some point. If they wanted to make one, they could have done so fairly quickly after releasing the Remote, which came out I think 3 years ago or so. All they need to do to make an all-in-one is design a metal box that does nothing but house what they already developed years ago in the KPA and Remote.

• No effects would kill the whole idea with a small portable gigging device.You want as much stuff cramped into a small box

Just look here at the new HX Stomp:
    You can do pretty much EVERYTHING with essential this. Pretty much everything maybe except you may have to add your own wah pedal.

[Blocked Image: https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/line6-hx-stomp-modelling-effekt-770x425.jpg]

And it has a full editor !

• Maybe. However what I am saying is new box on your already existing pedal board. So you keep everything you have plus you add the Kemper Stomp Box.
    That way you get the profiles that you like - you don't have to learn and program another device like the Line6 one. You still get to go to the mixer directly. You could still get an effects loop and maybe even a monitor out from the new box.

However, I have NO physical pedals whatsoever, because I only want "all in the box" without any connecting with cables and ancient stuff like that. :D

I have never been interested in pedalboards, for me it just looks like a big clutter. <--- personal opinion tho

HOWEVER I'm sure a lot of gigging musicians right now wants the most compact possible gigging rig, and the Line6 HX Stomp does exactly that.
    You can fit that little thing in your gigbag, and at the gig just hook it up to the FOH and rock out instantly.

A pedalboard is still another "lugging around thingy" that takes space when going by plane etc

• Okay guys so I was bored and impatience so I decided to try to fish for information from Kemper about a standalone foot pedal. Yeah yeah, I know that's sort of annoying for them to have to respond to emails like this but I am very interested in a Kemper foot pedal like the AX8 and Helix hahah!

So their response was as follows:

"Sorry, we do not comment on further product strategies and plans. We have constantly increased the value of our products via free software updates and are not planning to change that practice."

So obviously there is not much information here... they could be working on it, they might never have even considered starting the process, they might plan on starting 5 years from now, they might not have plans to ever do this. We simply don't have enough information.

But beyond the closed-lip hush-hush about confirming or denying development of a standalone pedal, do you think that the fact that they seem content with focusing on software updates instead of hardware updates is an indication that they aren't developing a standalone pedal?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Once again, all speculation.

• Oh man, just go ahead and make us a compact version you know it will sell :D

Oh and another thing for a proper Kemper 2:

playing through dual profiles at the same time and mixing each volume in mono, or even going stereo with these different profiles.

THAT would be awesome and something I think many would like to use. Lately I've liked to mix different profile (one brighter, one darker) and this could save time when recording.

The latest Axe FX III allows A WHOLE BAND to play through it, 2 guitars 1 bass, so a whole band can use a single Axe FX III unit live :love: that is some awesome forward thinking in my opinion. A Kemper 2 with 3 front inputs for differnt musicians would be selling like butter among bands who wants super compact live rigs on the fly. <--- this would probably never happen but I'm just telling it has been done and I really like the idea!

(however I wonder how this works with midi patch changes... hmmm!)

• They've given that same response, in various ways, in various forums.... DOZENS, maybe hundreds, of times. Really. Honest.

Perhaps just read every third thread on this forum?

Yes I am aware of that...

Except here we are, along with many others, in the "Kemper 2 Expectations" thread when we have no reason to believe there will EVER be a Kemper 2.

This is a thread for explicitly for expressing desires for the Kemper 2, idk what you're on about...

EDIT: after re-reading my post, definitely didn't mean to come across as angry, just confused about the tone being directed towards me.

Edited once, last by blandified: clarification ().

• My 2cents:

The Access Virus TI2 (Kemper Music division flagship synth) was released in 2008, and no TI3 on sight. Of course they could double the voices up to 160, improve the integrated audio interface but... people still buy the TI2 because 10 years later is still great. Why develop and invest millions if its not going to increase sales?

The KPA is great, it still can be improved via software upgades. (A real editor, patch recall, preset folders, fx...

An integrated audio interface would be sweet, but I would not upgrade to a KPA2, I would keep my toaster.