UAD2 Amp Emulation Plugins

• I've tried the Marshall Bluesbreakers 1962 UAD plugin and it's not at all as nice as TAF's profiles of the 50th Ann. Bluesbreaker amp.

I do have an AMPEG-SVT-3 UAD2 plugin for the Bass and it sounded nice and all but didn't blow me away like a hardware chain.

What do you guys thing of the UAD2 Guitar Amp plugins, tho?

I was glad the Marshall din't give the KPA a run for it's money.
    But It kinda seemed something I wouldn't even use as a backup. Yet I hear ppl raving.

What am I missing? Maybe I don't know how to use their plugins? Or was that not their best one?

• The UAD OX is apparently something to look out for... Definitely going to be picking one of those up at some point !

That does look intriguing. That's hardware tho, with software emulations.

I just mean here the full on software plugins of amps. Like 808illest put it, not impressed.

• I was really excited about the Friedman plugins, but was disappointed after trying the demo. I also was unimpressed by their Engl and Marshall amps. UA makes a lot of great stuff, but their guitar plugins in no way compare to the Kemper (or even some other completing plugins).

• I don't like any of their guitar a modelers, but have used the Ampeg SVT and B15 bass modelers with some success. Every Christmas they do all their deals on plugins and I will get suckered in to something that I end up NOT using. Most of the UAD plugins I use are mostly compressors and EQs, which I think are great.

• I have found UAD2 plugins great to decide what hardware gear I would ultimately love to have. So for THAT purpose it rocks.

My major usage is the Lexington 224. I've never heard a plugin that works but sounds so natural like it's not there if you use it appropriately.