Kemper Editor ....... looks like it [almost] here ........ ?!?

• Looks fake to me. If Kemper VST would ever be released, having the same interface as physical unit makes no sense. There are to many parameters to click it all. Turning knob with your mouse on the 3rd page of delay? Fake.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• There's a reason it's "free" ?(

"Free" as in a cracked version from a warez site. Obviously Line 6 isn't too concerned about this as it doesn't seem to affect sales of the hardware units. Neither should Kemper be. The future is about "apps", not dedicated hardware. Soon your phone will have enough horsepower to run the Kemper software. The smart companies get into app development now (whether it is phone/tablet apps, or VSTs). In a studio environment there is no reason to use dedicated hardware when you can get the same result with a plugin in your DAW.

• "Free" as in a cracked version from a warez site. Obviously Line 6 isn't too concerned about this as it doesn't seem to affect sales of the hardware units. Neither should Kemper be. The future is about "apps", not dedicated hardware. Soon your phone will have enough horsepower to run the Kemper software. The smart companies get into app development now (whether it is phone/tablet apps, or VSTs). In a studio environment there is no reason to use dedicated hardware when you can get the same result with a plugin in your DAW.

I meant "free" as in we'll suck you in thinking this is great and it's cheaper too! Nothing against Line 6, had my share of their products from day one. You get what you pay for is my point! :thumbup:

I agree, the future is more app oriented, but, there will always be a demand for hardware IMHO! Hardware trumps software most of the time. At any rate, I'm not against a VST for the Kemper, however, that isn't a likely reality at this juncture which is the point of this thread.

• "Free" as in a cracked version from a warez site. Obviously Line 6 isn't too concerned about this as it doesn't seem to affect sales of the hardware units. Neither should Kemper be. The future is about "apps", not dedicated hardware. Soon your phone will have enough horsepower to run the Kemper software. The smart companies get into app development now (whether it is phone/tablet apps, or VSTs). In a studio environment there is no reason to use dedicated hardware when you can get the same result with a plugin in your DAW.

That's called stolen BTW - and I consider people that use stolen things to be thieves. Of course you can always blame the "big corporate, blah blah", but that's just to make you feel better about stealing.

I can't fault Kemper for not wanting to give their hard work to thieves.

• Is it just me, but the fact that Kemper .... or none of the usual Kemper "reps" [ :) ] have chimed in to say this is rubbish makes me think that that whatever this is, it actually is real ????

Ben

• A VST that would remote control your KPA and load whatever rig you used for that track would be extremely useful to me.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Is it just me, but the fact that Kemper .... or none of the usual Kemper "reps" [ :) ] have chimed in to say this is rubbish makes me think that that whatever this is, it actually is real ????

Ben

no...
    They never comment on these things, as long as the discussion is polite and fine.
    If they would comment only fake news, every not commented news would be considered as real ...

• Is it just me, but the fact that Kemper .... or none of the usual Kemper "reps" [ ] have chimed in to say this is rubbish makes me think that that whatever this is, it actually is real ????

the phenomena is called weekend ;) do you really need us to come to the conclusion that this looks like a pretty cheap fake?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here