Point me in the right direction?

• So, admittedly, I am brand new to the kemper, as well as audio stuff in general. With any of the big modellers, and the Kemper, one thing Ive noticed is that for a beginner, it can be easy to get drowned in options while trying to dial in the best tone. I also know, that it can take years before you really know what youre doing with it. My question-and come one, come all on suggestions for this!- Is can you point me to some good resources for how to use the kemper as far as, tweaking things, getting a rig to sound better (whether its through headphones, or monitors) and just generally how to get the most desired tone out of it? If you guys have any videos on it, or can point me to some. This is for simply just practicing guitar with it, not mixing or anything.

This might come off a bit like "duh, noob!", as there are videos out there that I can find, but I just figured that this forum probably has the most hands on experience, and tricks that they've found. As opposed to watching alot of broader videos that just show features and stuff.

Also, how important are pickups? Specifically, I have an Ibanez RT series that has a HSH config, but they are stock pickups that are not known for being all that great. Would I notice a big difference changing to a better pair of humbuckers?

Edit: I just realized there a forum dedicated to this, Share tips and tricks. I will do some reading, but I still welcome any advice/links

Edited 2 times, last by Shroud ().

• Hi and welcome.

You might wanna start here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGGZ01rd9e82wTUK406XVaw

These vids show you how to set the KPA up to your guitars and get you familiar with most if not all of the basics. From there it's kinda like a journey through the world of profiles. Different approaches here: Some - so did I in the end - cleaned the Profiler and started with commercial packs from scratch. Also in Rig Manager there are a lot of tasty free packs to go through first. You'll find out quickly which profile seller matches your likings. And of course there's Rig Exchange with some gems in it.

Cheers

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hi,

It doesn't take years. Mere minutes.

• Download rig manager from here https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads
    • Connect the Kemper to your computer (using usb cable) and to your audio interface (SPDIF or analog cables)
    • On the right menu, in rig manager - browse to "Rig Packs"
    • Double clicking on a rig preset loads it up to the Kemper
    • Play your guitar. You will find a rig you like really quick. If you need to tweak it a bit to your guitar, use 4 big knobs (bass/treble etc.)

All other tweaking is really optional. https://www.kemper-amps.com/video#a-videos-tutorials

Re: pickups. Yes they matter just like with regular amp.You will notice the difference, whether for better or worse, that depends on your personal preferences.

p.s. Read the manual too.

• There are quite a few instructional videos from the company itself on the website and YouTube, which are a good starting point.

You have to spend time with it and experiment.

Bbb

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3

• I've found that the profiles all have different sensibilities just like the person who created it.
    In my hands it may sound like hammered shit Others find it suits their vision of sound.
    That's the beauty of Kemper.
    2 A chords and your out of here!
    But if Ive been playing it for 10 minutes I most likely have something. 8)

• While i don't personally have my Kemper yet (still saving), i've found ToneJunkie TV's YouTube channel very helpful for understanding different KPA functions. Just from watching their "Kemper Tips & Tricks" videos i can hear/tell when people are getting crappy tones or giving the KPA bad reviews because they are doing things like hiking up the Gain control, missing out on the Definition control, or just don't have a handle on how KPA's EQ controls works.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLJToHVYkoRHqyg_mDZRVvg

• Also, remember that Pure Cab is on by default with the latest firmwares. This can lead to some homogenisation when auditioning profiles (though can also turn a turd into diamond), so some find it best to have it switched off by default, then experiment with it once they’ve found profiles they quite like.