Can't Get 5.0 Update Delays Presets Loaded

• I have tried this many times and the presets never show up in my stomp/effect DLY area. I copy them to my shared folder of USB, I import them and they never show up in the stomp/effects section. I have tried downloading them , different USB sticks.

It will not import them as it says "no import necessary". They show up as amps in my browser so I know they are there, but not as effects or stomps that I can use with amps...

Very frustrating.

• I just do not understand why the presets do not go into the stomp/effects bank with the DLY but are in the system under "brower rigs".

I have read every thread in Google on the matter and followed everything 20 different times. Not sure what is wrong.

• Maybe a little confusion about demo rigs vs. effects presets?
    In Rig Manager you will find some demo rigs that show some of the capabilities of the "new" delay types. But they are not "presets".

So let's fix your issue:

1. When you press and hold an effects slot and then turn the TYPE knob, you should be able to see all the new delay types. These are right there after you updated the Profiler OS.

2. If you want the corresponding presets, you need to import them. But you don't import them by importing rigs via pendrive or by drag'n'drop in Rig Manager. What you need to do is to import the Factory Rigs from the SYSTEM menu of the Profiler. I'll tell you how to do but WAIT, READ UNTIL THE END FIRST!!!!
    In the SYSTEM menu, page 1, you'll see a button of the top right of the screen called "Factory Rigs". The Factory Rigs (and Presets) are stored in the Profiler OS and with this menu item you can import all factory rigs AND the factory presets.

So it seems very easy but be VERY careful. It's close to impossible to select and delete all recently installed factory rigs again. So if you want to keep your Profiler clean, make a backup of your rigs on the Profiler!!!! For example copy them in Rig Manager to a newly created folder!
    After the above mentioned Factory Rigs import, your Profiler will have plenty of rigs you might not want or need on the Profiler. It's easy to just delete all rigs from your Profiler and then copy your rigs back to the Profiler from your backup folder.

After you've imported the Factory Rigs right from the above mentioned SYSTEM menu, you will have the presets. Once you're in an effects slot of your choice, you can find them using the BROWSE knob, not the TYPE knob. :)

Hope that helps
    Martin

• Factory Content 5.1

Download Factory Content 5.1, unzip, delete what you don't want, put presets/rigs that you want in the shared folder of your USB thumb drive and load to the profiler. This method loads only what you want and is same process as doing an OS update.

The problem is that this is what I have done like 20 times with no luck for some reason. They never show up in DLY of effect presets. They do show up as rigs in "broswer" function as "amp30" or something.

I use a formatted usb stick n they import and are in the system somehow/where.

• You are using the "Browse" knob to view presets not the "Type" knob correct?

Correct, I use it and scroll through them all in alphabetic order under DLY. I have checked the entire presets with the Browse button.

I tried this when the 5.1 update first came out but it never worked and I gave up. I am not a huge delay person, but now I am becoming one :) and really would like to check them out, so I tried a few more times to get them to show up after reading tons of threads on the subject.

TIA for any help.

• Not yet, I have not tried it. I am irritated that every thread says you just put them into the shared folder of a USB, import them and then they are in the DLY of effects. So since this is not happening for me I m feeling something is wrong with the unit.

I cannot understand why the other method works for everyone else in every thread I read on the subjects.

Is your method the method you used to load the new delays into your system?

• If you have Rig Manager, just audition them from there in the Factory Rigs. It's much easier, and any that you like you can save as a preset manually on the Profiler, rather than importing them all at once and having a ton that you don't use, yet have to scroll past every time.

• Not yet, I have not tried it. I am irritated that every thread says you just put them into the shared folder of a USB, import them and then they are in the DLY of effects. So since this is not happening for me I m feeling something is wrong with the unit.

I cannot understand why the other method works for everyone else in every thread I read on the subjects.

Is your method the method you used to load the new delays into your system?

i guess the reason is that you are importing the rigs and not the presets

• i guess the reason is that you are importing the rigs and not the presets

Not sure what is what... The update has a section called 5.1 delays or something and everything says cut and paste them into the shared folder , usb them into the system through import. The I also downloaded them direct from this site and they import as rigs. I have not seen any other ones which claim to be "presets". I there some secret folder with "preset" and not "rigs" that I have to unlock or something?

I will try lightbox's method tomorrow when my head is a bit more clear and I am sure I have backups and what not.