Can't Get 5.0 Update Delays Presets Loaded

• If you don't mind your Profiler being filled with additional rigs, then the process is as fast as it gets.

1. SYSTEM menu, page 1
    2. Factory Rigs (button in the top right of the screen)
    3. OK

And it's not "my" method.
    It's the official method to update Factory rigs and presets that come with any past, present or future firmware updates. ;).

I've answered you multiple times now with step by step explanation ... why wouldn't you just do it? Save us (and yourself) time.

• 1) Mainly because I have spent about a year creating,deleting and re creating profiles and performances through tweaking to finally having things perfect and finally having a tone I am proud of. I do not fully understand how this update is going to effect things an since the other method is not working I fear losing all my work through some major system reboot.

Plus I am just to tired today and want to make sure I have every possible backup of my rigs and performances.

2) I really do not like when something works for everyone else but not me, it makes me feel something is wrong. The official download PDF says to do what I did do 20 times. Which is download the folders, copy the files into the shared folder, import them into the system and they will be available using the browse knob. These are the only official Kemper instruction I have seen and I have read 5 threads on others doing it this way and it working so I would like to understand why it does not work for my unit. I do not understand why the "official" method is not the method in the PDF or even mentioned there at all and why the method they say to use does not even work.

• 1) If you have already imported a bunch of rigs from the Factory Rig pack, then you've already added rigs that aren't part of "your work". The biggest risk now is that you might add a few more because we're on 5.4 as opposed to 5.1 now.

2) Maybe the others just were lucky to actually understand what they do. It's not a crime if you (so far) don't understand this pendrive import game. That's why I told you right from the beginning that you should just use the built-in update feature. And there's another advantage using this process.
    The Factory Rig Pack you've downloaded was the one associated with OS 5.1 ... we're on 5.4 now. Maybe some features have been added, maybe some presets have either changed or some have been added since? If you use the update process inside the Kemper, you can be 100% sure you actually have the latest presets.

Once your (really simple) quest for the Factory presets is accomplished, you can ask and I will be happy to explain the pendrive process and how to share custom presets. But for now ... just do it the official and easy (and for above reasons best) way.

• The Stomp Presets are available as download on our download page:

New Delay Demonstration Preset Pack

This Preset Pack includes example applications of the new Delay Types introduced in Profiler Operating System 5.0. These Presets are not compatible with any software revision before 5.0.

Presets cannot be imported via Rig Manager. The pack does include a step by step description how to import these Presets via USB stick.

• What's wrong guys?
    Anyone else wants to join and neglect the simplest, most straightforward, foolproof and up to date way to import Factory Presets?
    I mean, 3 quick button presses on the Profiler vs. login, download, unzip, find which stuff to copy to (Profiler formatted) pendrive, put pendrive in the Profiler, press External Storage, press Import, confirm.
    I mean, seriously, there's still space here for more to chime in and deny the quickest solution. I'm baffled by what's happening here.

• The problem is that this is what I have done like 20 times with no luck for some reason

He's tried it "like 20 times" so it doesn't seem to be as easy as 3 simple buttons.
    Anyway, I just hope he'll get it done somehow. I'm just a little pissed because I spent quite a bit of time to tell him and explain him the easy and safe way only to get this approach constantly neglected and bypassed. Will likely be better tomorrow (not being pissed anymore).

Cheers
    Martin

PS: @hjscheffler If you read post #7 you will see that I explained him exactly that and asked him to do a backup of his rigs before he does the "simple way".

• He's tried it "like 20 times" so it doesn't seem to be as easy as 3 simple buttons.Anyway, I just hope he'll get it done somehow. I'm just a little pissed because I spent quite a bit of time to tell him and explain him the easy and safe way only to get this approach constantly neglected and bypassed. Will likely be better tomorrow (not being pissed anymore).

Cheers
    Martin

PS: @hjscheffler If you read post #7 you will see that I explained him exactly that and asked him to do a backup of his rigs before he does the "simple way".

not sure why you are pissed. We are all here to help and try to explain the several methods to achieve what the OP wants. Each approach has its advantages.

• Maybe the others just were lucky to actually understand what they do. It's not a crime if you (so far) don't understand this pendrive import game.

I understand the method very simply, it is why I am confused as to why it does not work for me. The fact that is is so simple and this hardware is so advanced and expensive , the fact that it does not work worries me, I am sure it is something simple, but out $2500 and the fact that the hardware cannot execute a simple task is troublesome, regardless of your superior method which is not mentioned in the 5.1 delay update instructions.

I think I am quite capable of taking a blank USB , plugging it into the hardware, seeing it was formatted, putting the files into the shared folder, hitting external storage, hitting import, watching them import in and reading it is finished and confirming. I have done it so many times I could write a pdf on it myself.

The problem is the files are not where they are suppose to be. This is troublesome to me regardless of your superior method and would like to know why it does not work, that is all. It is more then getting them just imported into my system now.

While I appreciate you help, sorry for wasting you time, really if you are just going to be a snobby brat about helping I would rather you not bothered at all. Sorry for wasting your precious time geesh, I have your method here so you were free to stop wasting your time from that point on, instead of coming back to throw out backhanded insults.

For anyone else ho generally was trying to help, thank you.

• rigs and presets share the same file ending.The 5.1 Delay presets can be found in the Stomps folder in the 5.1 factory content download.
    kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Thanks for the help, this method did not work again for me. I copied the stomp DLY files and imported but it said "no need to import: files are in the browse pool, but they are not in my stomp/effects presets again.

• The reason why you were facing problems importing stuff was the fact that you have 999 rigs in your Profiler. The memory space in the Profiler is shared between rigs and presets and you were simply running out of space. Please reduce the amount of rigs in your Profiler to prevent such problems in the future.

• A good time to cool down

I really do not think there was much of a problem. The one guy madly wanted me to try his preferred method to the point of insults and anger. I knew someone would take a look and find it to be some stupid thing that was causing the problem. I just wanted to know why the USB import was not working for me.

When I came here I assumed it would go the way it did with hjscheffler , there was nothing to get angry about , not sure why it happened. Reminds me why I hate guitar forums, narcissistic egomaniacs that never is productive... Also reminds me why I hate playing with most guitar players, it is always a pissing contest.

@hjscheffler Thank you for the time and help!