Finally I got an Amp in the room sound from the Kemper through my studio monitors!! (or very close)

• You can experiment with this to see by placing a distortion stomp in the x slot on a rig and tlurning up and of the various level values, that includes things like imput sens settings. If these were controlling volume before the speaker sim or before anything else you would now hear that distortion getting more distorted as the level values increases, just like when you plug a guitar into a stomp and adjust the controls in your guitar, instead you’ll hear only that things get quieter or louder. This means that these controls are just controlling the output volume of the Kemper as a whole, they are all methods af accessing exactly the same thing.

Really? Is the Amp volume only controlling the output volume as well? ?(

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Really? Is the Amp volume only controlling the output volume as well? ?(

Yes, I think in former fw this volume was in the cab section. Kemper switched it to the amp section and on this place pure cab by rig appears in the cab section. Thx god for this idea and feature, so pure cab is no longer global and can be stored by rig. Love it.

• yes.to adjust any power amp coloration/effects (they are already part of the Profile) use:

• Power Sag
    • Tube Shape
    • Tube Bias

Just to be sure: I'm well aware that the Amp volume is a neutral multiplier, but you are also saying that it's not actually placed near the Amp in the chain?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I made a try:
    I put the AMP SECTION VOLUME to 12db and then to -12db (obviously adjusting the volume of the monitors).
    To my ears the sound changes a lot.
    And, maybe it's my impression, but it seems to be a very different compression.

If the Volume control is neutral, could it depend on the fact that a bigger output signal arrives to the cab?

Or maybe I'm doing suggest? ?(

• Hmm...Interesting. If that were the case I would get rid of the Volume in the Amp stack in the next update. Why have redundant functions that creates confusion. Another point, why use the hidden Amp stack volume to level the rigs and not use the master volume which is always visible. That's how I always level the rigs.

Another friend who owns a Kemper tried the settings we've been talking about in this thread and he said he seem to be hearing some kind of higher frequencies or presence become more pronounced when he raised the Amp block volume that aren't present when the master volume is raised.

• Yes, according to Christoph Kemper, Don and Burkhard the volume controls are all doing the same things.
    CK even said that the Pure Boost stomp is just a volume control that did nothing except increase volume. So in practice, increasing the amp gain would be the same as activating the Pure Boost and putting the same amount of gain in the booster.

The thing for me is that, I think I hear and feel a difference between those two actions. I feel that the Pure Boost gives a slightly fatter sound that I really love. Especially when using clean profiles. To me the Pure Boost is one of the best part of the KPA and I use it more and more to shape my basic sound.

Maybe there is some extra celestial digital mojo going on here.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Pure boost in front of the amp affect the sound. Pure boost behind the amp section is only a pure volume boost and it didn't affect the sound.

• I don't think Mats agree :)

• Yes it does, according to CK - but it is the same as increasing the gain in the profile. I think we are all in agreement, though, I just want to clarify for anybody else reading :)

If you read my first comment regarding this you see this exactly what I said.

Here the text:
    "CK even said that the Pure Boost stomp is just a volume control that did nothing except increase volume. So in practice, increasing the amp gain would be the same as activating the Pure Boost and putting the same amount of gain in the booster."

So I agree with you that this is what CK said, but I personally think it does affect the sound differently.

Cheers,

Mats N

• No problem guys, I don't care for it so much. When I need a little more gain in a chrunchy rig I normally don't increase it with the gainknob. I set the pure boost in front of the amp, , Volume of the boost up to prox. 2 or 2,5 and I get it. Boost switched on/off with the remote. Happy.

• No problem guys, I don't care for it so much. When I need a little more gain in a chrunchy rig I normally don't increase it with the gainknob. I set the pure boost in front of the amp, , Volume of the boost up to prox. 2 or 2,5 and I get it. Boost switched on/off with the remote. Happy.

This is the way I do it too.

Except when I use the Graphic EQ as a boost when I want a general boost and a little bit of extra push on certain frequencies.

Cheers,

Mats N

• You can experiment with this to see by placing a distortion stomp in the x slot on a rig and tlurning up and of the various level values, that includes things like imput sens settings. If these were controlling volume before the speaker sim or before anything else you would now hear that distortion getting more distorted as the level values increases, just like when you plug a guitar into a stomp and adjust the controls in your guitar, instead you’ll hear only that things get quieter or louder. This means that these controls are just controlling the output volume of the Kemper as a whole, they are all methods af accessing exactly the same thing.

I just tested this. Green screen in slot X. When upping the amp volume the overdrive increases. The amp volume seems to be placed near the... amp. Fortunately.

Hmm...Interesting. If that were the case I would get rid of the Volume in the Amp stack in the next update. Why have redundant functions that creates confusion. Another point, why use the hidden Amp stack volume to level the rigs and not use the master volume which is always visible. That's how I always level the rigs.
    Another friend who owns a Kemper tried the settings we've been talking about in this thread and he said he seem to be hearing some kind of higher frequencies or presence become more pronounced when he raised the Amp block volume that aren't present when the master volume is raised.

I agree - but fortunately that is not the case. See above :)