Just pulled the trigger on Xitone MBritt

• Well I decided to try the Michael Britt 12"open/closed back cab. :D
    Looking forward to trying this bad boy out! I'm guessing it's a good 4 - 6 weeks wait including shipping to Iglooville (Canada).
    YOLO!!! :thumbup:

• Using a Yamaha DXR10.
    Have tried going through the effects return of a couple of different combo amps, didn't really float my boat.
    Tried an older Fender PA with 2 10" speakers. Not bad but not great.
    The DXR10 sounds amazing, but I want to see if I get more oomph/cab feel with the Xitone. I play rhythm in our band and I love the chugging chunky sounds.
    Again, the DXR10 sounds lovely, but I want to see if the Xitone gets the pants flapping.

• Ok, fair enough. Never get enough of the in the room pants flappin LoL... interested to hear your thoughts on it, congrats on the purchase!

I'm using a pair of DXR10's on stands, they sounds great!

Yeah! I've never tried two, but I've had mine straight up on the floor, back pushed to the wall and not. Also wedge style against the back wall and not. Raised on a 2x12 Avatar cab standing up... pretty much all over the place but never tried a stand.
    Are you using a PA type stand? What height? Tell me about your playing/music style...

• Nice lineup!
    You certainly cover more musical ground than I do. I play pretty much rock from 70's to today.
    I have a couple of PA stands like that, maybe I'll try one out.

• Well I decided to try the Michael Britt 12"open/closed back cab. :D
    Looking forward to trying this bad boy out! I'm guessing it's a good 4 - 6 weeks wait including shipping to Iglooville (Canada).
    YOLO!!! :thumbup:

I imagine you will be quite happy. Mick Farlow makes fantastic monitors, and they are built like friggin' tanks. Love my XiTone 1x12 Passive wedge. The reason why I went with XiTone for an FRFR was in no small part due to the fact that I prefer a coaxial-based woofer and HF driver. It just sounds more like a traditional guitar cabinet, IMHO, because I guess I am overly sensitive to the "beaming" and localization of a separately mounted tweeter.

Cheers,
    John

• I imagine you will be quite happy. Mick Farlow makes fantastic monitors, and they are built like friggin' tanks. Love my XiTone 1x12 Passive wedge. The reason why I went with XiTone for an FRFR was in no small part due to the fact that I prefer a coaxial-based woofer and HF driver. It just sounds more like a traditional guitar cabinet, IMHO, because I guess I am overly sensitive to the "beaming" and localization of a separately mounted tweeter.

Cheers,
    John

Good to hear, thanks John!
    The DXR10 ticks MANY boxes, it's amazing. I hope this cab ticks a couple more.
    It's almost 10 lbs heavier I think, but that's OK by me.

• Mine took about 10 weeks, it was a brutal wait as originally Mick told me 4-5 weeks. That all being said, I've had mine for 3 or 4 weeks and my search is absolutely over. Had tried a ton of options and I too liked DXR10 best but also wanted more. Mbritt xitone totally delivered, can't say enough good things.

• Mine took about 10 weeks, it was a brutal wait as originally Mick told me 4-5 weeks. That all being said, I've had mine for 3 or 4 weeks and my search is absolutely over. Had tried a ton of options and I too liked DXR10 best but also wanted more. Mbritt xitone totally delivered, can't say enough good things.

Thank you so much for posting that!
    I know you were pissed at the wait, but I knew about it going in anyway.
    Spoke to Mick a couple of days ago and mine will be shipped either late this week, or next.
    Pretty much bang on the 4 week estimate. Looks like the delays are taken care of.
    Will update when mine ships. Want to gig it!!!

• I heard late next week or next week for several weeks ;) . But seriously, even with all the crazy delays, my search is over for an FRFR to mate with my Kemper, it sounds so so good and totally has that amp in the room feel.

• I heard late next week or next week for several weeks ;) . But seriously, even with all the crazy delays, my search is over for an FRFR to mate with my Kemper, it sounds so so good and totally has that amp in the room feel.

Lol!
    Well I'm sorry that it took so long. Mick told me he had gotten over a backup of getting the cabs coated or some such. I'll be bugging him late this week for a checkup.
    Again, thanks for the positive review/comments!