Just pulled the trigger on Xitone MBritt

• That was fast!!!
    Here are the questions I sent, with the answers in red:

Hi Mick,
    Don’t mean to bug you but I have a question, and some otherquestions from people in the Kemper thread.

• Is there a speaker “break in” time? If so, how many estimated hours if any? There is no speaker break in period that you'll need toworry about. It got broken in before it was shipped! :)
    • Do you have a presence in EU, or is it all through your website? I do ship to the UK directly. No other presence there.
    • What is the estimated dispersion angle estimate in degrees? Approx 90 degrees.

:thumbup:

• so what setting do you like and where are you setting the volume on the cab?

I spent all last night at about 55% volume on channel 1, open back, and DSP first position "FRFR" mode, using a standard instrument cable. Mostly using some Plexi profiles and my PRS P22 with the bridge humbucker.
    More experiments to be performed.

• I'm originally a single coil or HSS strat kind of guy.
    For the last 5 years I've been very much a humbucker player, sometimes split.
    I spend lots of time on a bridge humbucker now.
    Tonight I've tried my older Yammy Pacifica HSS, and also a PRS 305 which is SSS.
    The profile matters.
    Something that was profiled with a humbucker might sound fizzy or too different on a SSS.
    Vice versa.
    I am using a profile called TC-Plexi Clean and Clean+ as an example.
    Don't worry about modifying the Kemper controls on a rig to suit your taste. Save it, and play it.

• Lol, my wife just shakes her head now and laughs when she sees what I'm searching. That is until I tell her I bought it, then it's "oh really - and what did you sell"? :thumbup: It's when I say "nothing" that the doghouse door opens =O

If you really want to ramp it up, tell her you sold her shoes. 8o

• Thanks bud!
    I've been running through some of my guitars. I've been stuck on my P22 for a long while with a PRS Mira as a backup for a long time.
    My single coil guitars are a new adventure this evening. More adjustments, but no different than any amp dealing with radically different axes.
    Some profiles are humbucker friendly, and some are more single coil friendly. The trick for me will be to make performances for either type of guitar.
    Geeking! :D

• It's overwhelming how many factors go into "getting your sound". I agree with the testament that our hands create the tone but with all the factors that the kemper presents and this MBritt cab it's starting to feel like the hands are hung out to dry when the amp/cab just isn't sounding sweet.

I really want to love this cab but I think it's making it hard for to dial in an authentic feeling guitar cab character. Maybe I was wrong in purchase thinking that I could get it to sound like a guitar cab.

• Here is my current setup with the Mbritt cabinet. I have both xlr main outs connected to Channels 1 and 2 of the cabinet. I have it set to main stereo but I have the output settings in the Kemper set to stack for the main outs and keep the cab profile on. . I then have two combo 12 inch amps set about 10 feet apart and use the fx return on both and use the direct out and monitor out with cab offs sent to those. The beta version of the Kemper allows this stereo setup to work while keeping the cab profile off for those outputs. I use stack with with cabs on going to the MBritt and have it centered between the two single 12s. 3 speakers all together with a mixture of cab in the room stereo and the profiles cab in the Mbritt. At that point just adjust the volumes to suit your taste. Sort of a complicated setup but sounds huge.

• It's overwhelming how many factors go into "getting your sound". I agree with the testament that our hands create the tone but with all the factors that the kemper presents and this MBritt cab it's starting to feel like the hands are hung out to dry when the amp/cab just isn't sounding sweet.

I really want to love this cab but I think it's making it hard for to dial in an authentic feeling guitar cab character. Maybe I was wrong in purchase thinking that I could get it to sound like a guitar cab.

Hmmm...
    What speaker did you use before the Xitone, and what rig before the Kemper? I get that there can be a rabbit hole of options, but sometimes I just need to start again.

• Here is my current setup with the Mbritt cabinet. I have both xlr main outs connected to Channels 1 and 2 of the cabinet. I have it set to main stereo but I have the output settings in the Kemper set to stack for the main outs and keep the cab profile on. . I then have two combo 12 inch amps set about 10 feet apart and use the fx return on both and use the direct out and monitor out with cab offs sent to those. The beta version of the Kemper allows this stereo setup to work while keeping the cab profile off for those outputs. I use stack with with cabs on going to the MBritt and have it centered between the two single 12s. 3 speakers all together with a mixture of cab in the room stereo and the profiles cab in the Mbritt. At that point just adjust the volumes to suit your taste. Sort of a complicated setup but sounds huge.

Wow!
    Is this a home setup, or do you gig with that? I used to run my 1x12 combo with a 2x12 about 15' away in order to cover the stage and audience without micing.
    3x12 was really cool!