Just pulled the trigger on Xitone MBritt

• Hmmm...What speaker did you use before the Xitone, and what rig before the Kemper? I get that there can be a rabbit hole of options, but sometimes I just need to start again.

We'll i've had a lot of great moments with my Pro Jr. and upgraded to a weber speaker that raised the headroom. I've used an Egnator Rebel 30 and one of the new supro 25 watt amps for awhile too. I've never owned or played a 4X12 set up outside of a music store or studio because those setups aren't meant to be mobile... I've always liked using a dry/clean amp with decent headroom/slight breakup when cranked but not more than i'd ever use like a twin, and just adding pedals to it.

I'll have to rehearse with it more but just sitting in my house I wish I could get smoother overdrive tones. I'm really having better results with just a real 2x12 cab I have in house.

• It's overwhelming how many factors go into "getting your sound". I agree with the testament that our hands create the tone but with all the factors that the kemper presents and this MBritt cab it's starting to feel like the hands are hung out to dry when the amp/cab just isn't sounding sweet.

I really want to love this cab but I think it's making it hard for to dial in an authentic feeling guitar cab character. Maybe I was wrong in purchase thinking that I could get it to sound like a guitar cab.

• First off, the Xitone Mbritt has a ton of bass which is great at band volumes, taxing and a bit annoying at low to mid volumes in smaller rooms. I found putting it on an amp stand (separating it from the ground) and open back, it sounds wonderful now at low to mid volumes. Problem solved, or that fixed it perfectly for me.
    • I hear you, it's again all about the profiles for me and I've been through a ton. The TopJimi Tweed fender profiles (especially low powered ones) sound outstanding through the xitone mbritt and really trick me into thinking I hear a real cab, mid volume or full on keep up with a loud drummer. At low to mid volume, the xitone tweeter I think sounds great. At band levels, I do have to tame it just a tad on the Kemper when going dsp mode 1 or 2. The mbritt profiles sound like a blanket is over them ironically to me anyways, EXCEPT at full band volume where their lack of high end works well with most FRFR speakers. Also the George Alayon plexis sound outstanding with a little taken off the treble end through my xitone mbritt at all volumes. I've jammed with a very loud drummer a few times and was able to easily hear myself AND cut through when I wanted to. The drummer who I've brought hand wired plexis and other tube amps around who never seemed to care even commented on his own how great the xitone mbritt sounded. That extra bottom end on tap really fills the room quite well at volume which fell off for me and the DXR10 previously.
  • I've been looking at FRFR speakers like the Xitones, Atomic CLR and others which use a coaxial speaker, but they're quite expensive. Xitones use the Dayton PMA800DSP power amp which puts out 600w RMS/200w RMS(at 4 Ohms) with Eminence coaxial speakers which only handles 200 watts rms with the low frequency driver and the ASD1001S 50 watt rms and they cost $899. For less or an equal amount of money I could have a equal or better system if I use a company to build me a cabinet, buy the Dayton PMA800DSP and use a B&C 12CHX76 at $482 or a B&C 12FC76 at $344 or perhaps a Celestion at $225( if I want to save some money).
    Mojotone makes a 1 x 12" cabinets starting at $210. If I use the Celestion speaker the total would be $683 which would save me around $200. But it all depends how much it would cost to maybe make the cabinet slightly deeper, cut a 14" x 5.5" cavity on the the back to fit the plate power amp and perhaps add a port. Just my 2 cents.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

Edited once, last by eljodon ().

• I've been looking at FRFR speakers like the Xitones, Atomic CLR and others which use a coaxial speaker, but they're quite expensive. Xitones use the Dayton PMA800DSP power amp which puts out 600w RMS/200w RMS(at 4 Ohms) with Eminence coaxial speakers which only handles 200 watts rms with the low frequency driver and the ASD1001S 50 watt rms and they cost $899. For less or an equal amount of money I could have a equal or better system if I use a company to build me a cabinet, buy the Dayton PMA800DSP and use a B&C 12CHX76 at $482 or a B&C 12FC76 at $344 or perhaps a Celestion at $225( if I want to save some money).
    Mojotone makes a 1 x 12" cabinets starting at $210. If I use the Celestion speaker the total would be $683 which would save me around $200. But it all depends how much it would cost to maybe make the cabinet slightly deeper, cut a 14" x 5.5" cavity on the the back to fit the plate power amp and perhaps add a port. Just my 2 cents.

Hello Eljodon,

You might wish to also look into the new Line 6 PowerCab monitors. The standard PowerCab (not the Plus version) retails for $599 USD, and features a coaxial 12" speaker system powered by a 250W (no fan) Class D power amp. It can operate in FRFR mode, or also in a unique mode in which the HF driver is disabled and Line 6 uses proprietary emulation on the LF driver to emulate 6 classic guitar speakers. People seem to love them, and there is a huge thread over at TGP.

I own a powered KPA, and already own a XiTone passive 1x12 wedge, which I am very satisfied and happy with. However, if I owned a non-powered KPA, I would definitely be looking at the PowerCab. I probably would opt for the "Plus" model, which also allows for user loadable IRs.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…112-active-guitar-speaker

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…112-plus.1931154/page-151

Cheers,
    John

• Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80