Direct Out

• Does anyone use this output (other than for a send), and if so for what? Ideas please. ^^

Maybe I'm looking at this output in the wrong way, but what I had in mind was to use it as an amp & cab output with no post effects.
    In this way I could then send it to my Strymon pedals. Bad idea for using this output?

What say you?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Maybe I'm looking at this output in the wrong way, but what I had in mind was to use it as an amp & cab output with no post effects.
    In this way I could then send it to my Strymon pedals. Bad idea for using this output?

What say you?

If you use that output in its capacity as Send and place the effect loop in Module X, you would have that effect and could return the stereo output of your Strymon into Return and Alternative In using "Loop Stereo".

The Direct Out can be used for recording an unprocessed signal and reamping. It can be used building a wet/dry/dry/wet setup. Some people use it to have a separate output to feed their processed acoustic guitar signal (or bass) into a separate FOH channel.

• I use the DI output for the voice processor to provide harmony information.
    The signal do not change if you change the RIG.

This is exactly what I use it for as well. Once in a while I'll play around with my TC Mimiq pedal and I'll use the direct output as part of the stereo loop. But the majority of the time, it's for the vocal harmony pedal.

• Good answers all, and thanks for that! I have a TC-Helicon VL3 that "needs" that guitar input for what key to set.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• MY direct out is always connected to my interface to record a D.I. signal to A: reamp later or B: mix the sound with amp sims like bias or helix native ... that works wonders ... i also sometimes record the cabless monitor out also to use different cabs in the mix

• MY direct out is always connected to my interface to record a D.I. signal to A: reamp later or B: mix the sound with amp sims like bias or helix native ... that works wonders ... i also sometimes record the cabless monitor out also to use different cabs in the mix

Do you have any influence on the direct out... meaning is there a way to tweak it???

• Hi, AlecThunder.

Welcome to the community.

Do you have any influence on the direct out... meaning is there a way to tweak it???

You can change the source for the DIRECT OUT.

Press the OUTPUT button and navigate to page 1.

Notice you can change the Source for the DIRECT OUT with the third knob under the display.

Here's an excerpt from the Kemper Main Manual that explains the different options.

For more information - please download the Kemper Main Manual here:

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

In case you haven't found them, here are some more invaluable resources.

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

• This is exactly what I use it for as well. Once in a while I'll play around with my TC Mimiq pedal and I'll use the direct output as part of the stereo loop. But the majority of the time, it's for the vocal harmony pedal.

I ordered the Mimiq yesterday. But ETA is in May. ;(

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Mine comes out so hot if I want it actually usable, I have to play very gently. I've tried everything, I have no idea how to do this without buying another piece of gear, negating the purpose of getting a Kemper to have less gear.

The only thing I've found that works is sending my wet signal through the Direct Out as my Master Mono, and using the Main out for the DI track because I can actually use the -12db pad button there. This really REALLY needs fixed.