Remote Connected With Mission KP1 Help

• Hi everyone,

I am having an issue getting my remote to work with the Mission ep1-kp. I have watched the Mission Engineering video tutorials and all that stuff and when i go into the midi settings i dont get all the different settings and options that are shown in the video. And the options like wah to volume and all those options. The issue i am having is that I can get the expression pedal to work as a on and off switch for effects but i can not get it to work as an actual wah pedal with the remote. I am using output 6 on the remote since it is closest to the edge of my board setup. I used to use a Behringer FCB1010 but it went out on me and it registered in the midi settings before and wasn't this big of an issue. Maybe someone can pm me or help me out through this thread. Maybe someone has a step by step as well. Thanks.

• You have to use two outs of the remote.
    If you use out 6 for the pedalfunction, connect 6 with an trs cable (stereocable!!) to input 1 of the pedal. Use out 5 with a tr ( mono) cable to input2 of the pedal for the switch.

Assign switch and pedal in system menue like it is described in the manual.

• I do have the wah assigned in input 5 with the trs and i have input 6 set with the mono switch. It is enabling the wah and stuff but the wah barely works when i move it and then it disengages and soon as my foot pushes down. Is there a way to adjust this?

• I forgot where can I adjust that? Also can I change the way the push activate works so it doesn't disengage so easy?

You will need to remove the base of the pedal and unscrew the pedal switch slightly by loosening the nut that holds it from outside the pedal, at the part underneath the rocking top of the wah. Then you will see from the inside of the pedal that the switch has a nut on the inside that you adjust to set the height of the amount of the switch that extends out of the body of the pedal.

You want less switch extending out so it will take a slightly harder stomp onto the pedal to engage and disengage the switch. You might need some experimentation to get it just right. Hope that all made sense!

Regarding wah parameters: be sure you calibrated the pedal in the system menu page for that pedal input. That may help with the sweep becoming more natural. Also try downloading the wah presets that others have posted on the forum ( just search for wah presets) and try a different preset. You might get a better sweep that suits what you want that way.

• So here we go step by step:

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/RVwbZF8.jpg]
    red cable mono tr = switch, black cable stereo trs = pedal

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5Cfin2a.jpg]
    Here is a wah in slot D, light of the soft knob must be on.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/gwKrgSw.jpg]
    Page 5 Systemmenue. In the left upper corner is a checkbox WahPedal to Vol. Assign it! In this pic it's not assignd, but it must be.

Than go to page 10 in systemmenue. Set Mode to pedaltyp 1 and Function to Wah Pedal. Press and hold the calibrateknob and move your pedal one time completly when holding the button. You see how it works in the calibratedisplay in the left upper corner.

Than go to page 11 of the system menue . Set MODE = Mono switch. Set switch Tip to Stomp D on/of (because your wah is in D). Press calibrate.

All these things in systemmenue are global.

That's all.

Playing: When you load a rig and you placed a wah in slot D, the rig loads and slot D LED is on (orange). That means the wah function on your pedal is on. Play and move the pedal, wah arrives when bypass@stop is acrivated in the wah itself.
    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/0UjcNKi.jpg]

If you want to use the pedal as a volume pedal, you only have to click the switch of the pedal. When doing this yu see that the orange LED of the wah in stomp D is off. Use the volumepedal to control volume or violin fx.......

Wah again? Pess the switch of the pedal. Orange LED is on again, wah is active.

I recommend to use the bad horsie wah first. It a solid working preset. Therefore press and hold the slot D button for a second. Scroll with your browseknob to WWAH Mrly Horse Vai. Load it in D (I have autoload assignd (right upper corner in the display of the fx presets).

Than you see the display (after loading the fx preset of the wah)
    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/d4pBJiw.jpg]

If this procedure is nt working check all your settings again that there is no bug in it. Otherwise your pedal is defect. Normaly it works like a charm when you unbox it and you setted it up. Last week a user here asked me in gthe German forum why his missin pedal didn't work. We found out thst mission placed a wrong switch in the pedal, crazy but true. This was the last idea that I had and fortunatly we found the bug.

I run two missions and both are working fine.

Cheers
    rank

• I tried the steps you provided and the wah still does not want to enable. When I switch the cables around on the wah it kinda kicks on but only when you move the wah partially it causes it to activate and deactivate. Even with calibration. I use 5.3 firmware I am not sure if I upgrade to the 5.4 if it would change anything?

• it kinda kicks on but only when you move the wah partially it causes it to activate and deactivate.

When the Wah Pedal Mode (in the Wah Stomp Effect Settings) is set to “bypass@stop“, the Wah functions ONLY when the pedal is being moved, and automatically is turned off when the pedal is not moved.

If you want the on/off status of the Wah, to be controlled by the switch on the pedal? set the Stomp Wah Pedal mode to “On”.

• Please check, what happens if you turn soft knob 2 "Wah Pedal" on page Pedal Links in the System Settings. This allows to emulate the Wah Controller manually. If your Wah effect does now work as intended, the issue must be with your pedal. What is the bar doing on that page while you sweep your pedal? Can you effectively move the bar across the whole range?

If it doesn't it must be the settings of your Wah effect. In that case start with the Wah Preset "WWAH Cry" to have a safe starting point.

• Thanks everyone the wah pedal is now working i found out that they gave me two TS cables with the Mission pedal not a TRS and TS cable. Now everything is working great. Thanks again.