VH " I'm the One " using one of my profiles of my Metro/Friedman 68 Plexi

• Did a quick video of one of my favorite VH tune. This was done 2 weeks after having a 3 level fusion on my neck, thats why I'm wearing a neck brace. I got the surgery because it was affecting my left hand. My left hand is getting better so I'm able to slowly play better than before! I used one of my profiles of my Metro/Friedman 68 Plexi. https://youtu.be/52pgHaY5pz4

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• Wowza! Nice job. You make it look so easy!

God, I remember discovering that (at the time underground) album when I was just a kid starting to build up my chops. What I would have done if a Kemper existed at that time! Who knows? All I had was two MXR Distortion+ stomps back to back (laughs). Best I could do at the time. Even later when I finelly got a Marshall JMP, that VH tone and distortion was one we all wanted, but could never really get. Now we know about the variac and 20 watt Celestion tone Eddie kept to himself at the time.

I have to believe the Kemper is making incredible players these days due to the sound, response and inspiration that real great tube amps can deliver. We are so spoiled! But today's young guitarist has incredible advantages we could only dream of back in the day. Lucky basteds! :D

Phil 8)

• Did a quick video of one of my favorite VH tune. This was done 2 weeks after having a 3 level fusion on my neck, thats why I'm wearing a neck brace. I got the surgery because it was affecting my left hand. My left hand is getting better so I'm able to slowly play better than before! I used one of my profiles of my Metro/Friedman 68 Plexi. https://youtu.be/52pgHaY5pz4

Killer playing @eljodon if I could play half as good as that with a neck brace I'd be happier than a pig in shit lol.

Nice scalloped neck on that axe, sweet! May you have a steady and full recovery man :thumbup:

Thank you! I scalloped a few of my guitar's necks as a necessity due to the weakness of my hand. It helps me bend strings easier.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• Killer playing. Get well soon, man!

Thanks! It will take 6 months to recover, but the neck brace comes off a month after surgery so I have a week to go!

• Wowza! Nice job. You make it look so easy!

God, I remember discovering that (at the time underground) album when I was just a kid starting to build up my chops. What I would have done if a Kemper existed at that time! Who knows? All I had was two MXR Distortion+ stomps back to back (laughs). Best I could do at the time. Even later when I finelly got a Marshall JMP, that VH tone and distortion was one we all wanted, but could never really get. Now we know about the variac and 20 watt Celestion tone Eddie kept to himself at the time.

I have to believe the Kemper is making incredible players these days due to the sound, response and inspiration that real great tube amps can deliver. We are so spoiled! But today's young guitarist has incredible advantages we could only dream of back in the day. Lucky basteds! :D

Thank you! The Kemper has been a Godsend for me! Besides neck problems, I also have back problems which I might need to also have surgery on my lumbar area. I don't need to bring my huge rack, amps and cabs which I can no longer lift heavy stuff.All I'm using now is the Kemper, with an Eventide H9, 2 EV PA cabs and a Kemper remote with 3 expression pedals and that's it!
    One thing that many people don't realize is that Eddie didn't use that much sustain or distortion which makes it harder to play. I also did half of his solo on the album and the last part was the live version he did which is the same as "Ice Cream Man" It was hard to play because I'm not allowed
    bend my neck so I can barely see my guitar's neck.

• It's a Godsend for anyone who knows real amp sound...and can appreciate it. I've been playing all weekend and can't stop. Found this profile called KM Bog People that is just perfect for everything through the Normals Eminence Go cabinet. It's got everything going for it, and works so well on all my guitars without any further tweaking needed. I wasn't sure going from my Les Paul to Tele would work. OMG! =O Killer! Best amp tone I've found to date.

Sorry to hear about the spine issues. Get well soon...and if you make more videos, or recordings, I'll tune in. I enjoy your playing a lot.

:thumbup:

• Get better Man, you know we are all rootin for you! :thumbup:

Thanks! Many guitar players are so caring about their fellow guitar players because they understand the devastating effects an issue like this could have on your playing after years of practicing.

• It's a Godsend for anyone who knows real amp sound...and can appreciate it. I've been playing all weekend and can't stop. Found this profile called KM Bog People that is just perfect for everything through the Normals Eminence Go cabinet. It's got everything going for it, and works so well on all my guitars without any further tweaking needed. I wasn't sure going from my Les Paul to Tele would work. OMG! =O Killer! Best amp tone I've found to date.

Sorry to hear about the spine issues. Get well soon...and if you make more videos, or recordings, I'll tune in. I enjoy your playing a lot.

:thumbup:

Totally agree! And thank you!

• Very impressive, all the best for your care!
    thanks for sharing

Thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Great sound and excellent playing ! Love it !
    Wishing you a good recovery !

Thank you!I'm feeling better and I don't have to wear the neck brace anymore!

• Top stuff George, which profile did you use?

Thanks! I used one of my Metro/Friedman 68' Plexi replica profiles. I might have it posted on rig exchange. I've done so much experimentation with different mics and speakers that I have a ton of profiles so I can't remember. But the Metro/Friedman should do it.