assign expression pedal to gain

• Use morph?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yes, I have assigned my EP3 expression pedal to pedal 1 and set it for morph. When I choose a rig, any rig, the pedal does not control the GAIN knob. Is there a way to assign that pedal to the GAIN function in any given rig?....or maybe a global assignment for pedal1 to control GAIN?

Thank you.

• I assigned one of my expression pedals to volume (globally) and put it before the amp section. That does the trick for me. I don't think there's a big difference between pre-amp-volume and gain. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

• Yes, I have assigned my EP3 expression pedal to pedal 1 and set it for morph. When I choose a rig, any rig, the pedal does not control the GAIN knob. Is there a way to assign that pedal to the GAIN function in any given rig?....or maybe a global assignment for pedal1 to control GAIN?

Thank you.

You need to tell it to change the gain. Have a quick look in the manual about how to setup morphing. It's very easy :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Here ya go. Kemper has a lot of tutorial videos that are worth checking out.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• best option is a morph profile with volume compensation

here is a pre-morph method that works well :

the function is right here in your KPA, I use it a lot :

setup your exp pedal in system menu like you do with the wah
    setup your gain at max desired gain level ( set up at lead level for me)
    choose this fx : wah pedal booster ( type knob)
    set the pedal range to MINUS 100

now adjust the gain by foot clean , dirty , lead ... with just one rig

one drawback = there is no volume compensation